Chapter 22

Pocahontas was carried by her husband all the way to the campfire, with Little John in her arms. Once they get to the campfire, everyone rejoiced in celebration. They were glad to see their future Chief doing well after the birth. The Great Powatan raises his arms to get everyone's attention. "Attention everyone! I would like to begin this celebration with the news of my daughter. Pocahontas has given birth to a healthy baby boy, and they named him after his father. We shall all call him little John, and now I proudly present, my first grandchild, Little John!" He says as takes Little John and raises him in the air for everyone to see. The whole village cheered and applauded. "And now in honor of my grandson, let's feast!" The great Powatan says as he gives little John back to his mother. Everyone cheers and starts to eat. After they eat, they all celebrate and start to congratulate the young couple. The people also started to dance around the campfire. Pocahontas smiles as she watched her people coo over her baby. She couldn't believe so many people were that happy for her and her husband. Two hours after they started celebrating, Pocahontas starts to drift off to sleep. John smiles as his wife falls in his arms while holding their son. John chuckles. "Oh Pocahontas, My sweet Pocahontas." He says as he picks her up and kisses her head. He walks up to the Chief. "Sir, We are going to have to go to bed, Pocahontas is still really tired from giving birth." John says as he motions towards his wife and son in his arms. The Chief looks at the two sleeping in my arms. He chuckled. "Of course, go on to bed. We understand." The great Powatan says. "Thank you sir, and Thank you for the feast and celebration. It was wonderful." John says. The great Powatan nods. Then John takes his wife and son back to the boat. Once they get back to the boat, John puts his wife at the foot of their bed. John changes the sheets and blankets. Then he lifts his wife and child and tucks them into bed. Then he gets into bed and snuggles with his wife and child. He brushes Pocahontas's hair out of her face. John kisses her forehead. "I love you Pocahontas. Never forget that." He whispers in her ear. She turns and looks at him. "Oh John I love you too, and how could I ever forget that. You were the one who helped me through the pregnancy and I couldn't have done it without you." She says as she leans up to kiss her husband. "Good because I'm not going anywhere." John says as he kisses her again. "Good because I can't live without you, and Little John can't grow up without his father. He needs his father to teach him how to hunt and fish and read and all kinds of things." Pocahontas says as she rubs her head against his shoulder. John looks at his son and smiles. Then he kisses his wife's head one more time and wrapped them both in his big strong arms. "I promise I will always be there for you and for him." John says as hugs her tight. Pocahontas then starts to yawn. "Now, now, You two get some sleep. You have been through a lot today. Goodnight Pocahontas." She snuggles up against her husband. "Goodnight John." She says through a yawn. John watches his wife and son sleep. He was so proud to have them. He kept the two of them very close so they would be warm. He continued to watch them sleep like angels. Soon he grew tired and fell asleep.

A few hours later

Little John started crying in the middle of the night. John woke up to this. Pocahontas started to stir. John leans over and whispers in her ear. "Shhhh... I've got him you go back to sleep." Then he kisses her head and takes Little John from him. Pocahontas smiles then goes back to sleep. John takes his son and changes his diaper. John then goes back to bed, but his son was still crying. So John bounces him a little trying to soothe him. Little John kept crying. So then John rocked him back and forth slowly. Little John slowly fell back asleep. Pocahontas woke up and looked and John and their baby. She smiled at the sight. "Awe look at my boys being so quiet to let mommy sleep." Pocahontas says as she holds on to John's arm. "Pocahontas, What are you doing up this early?" Pocahontas smiles again. "I woke naturally and saw you two bonding." She says as she snuggles against his arm. "I did try to keep him quite so you could sleep." He says with a sympathetic look on his face. She caressed his cheek with her hand. "Awe don't feel guilty. I didn't wake up from him. I just woke up. It happens sometimes." She says. "Are you sure it wasn't us." Pocahontas giggles. "Yes baby. I am positive." "Ok then." He says with a smile. Pocahontas kisses his lips. "I love you Pocahontas." He says. "I love you too John Smith." They kiss once more. "Ok now, how about we all go back to sleep?" John asks calmly. Pocahontas nods and kisses him goodnight. Then she takes his arm and puts it around her waist as she snuggles into his chest. He scoots her into him some more until they were right next to each other. He holds her tightly and holds Little John with the other. Then they both happily fell asleep.