chapter 4

The sun rises and Pocahontas goes to do her daily chores, like laundry, tending to crops and other things. Nakoma was helping her harvest crops. "Pocahontas where were you last night? I looked for you in your home but you weren't there." She says. Pocahontas is hesitant. Nakoma's eyes widen. "Oh my gosh! Did you make out with John Smith?" She asks. Pocahontas turns quickly to her. "No! Of course not!" Nakoma lets out a sigh of relief. "Fine but you can't tell anyone ever!" Pocahontas tells her as she makes sure she is alone. "I promise! I won't tell a soul." Nakoma says while listening closely. "I accidentally fell asleep with John." Nakoma gasps. "Shhhh.... We didn't do anything. We just accidentally fell asleep next to each other." Pocahontas says. "Oh my gosh Pocahontas your father would kill you!" Nakoma whispers. "I know that is why you can't tell anyone!" Pocahontas tells her friend. "I promise I won't tell anyone." "Good because I want you to be my maid of honor at my wedding." "Oh my gosh really?!" Nakoma drops her basket of corn. Pocahontas puts her basket down to help her friend pick it up. "Of course you are my best friend! Who else would hold my flowers when I kiss my groom?" She asks. Nakoma hugs Pocahontas. "I would be honored." Pocahontas smiles. "Come on, let's get this back to the camp." Nakoma nods and they both put their baskets on their heads and head back to camp.

Later that day Pocahontas was in her home making her wedding dress. After a while there was a knock on the wall. She gasps and hurries to put it away. Her father walks in. She turns and lets out a sigh of relief. "Oh Father! You scared me! I thought you were John." He looks over her shoulder and nods. "Ah I see. Trust me he is nowhere near your house." He said as he sits down. "Oh good. He can't see my wedding dress. It's bad luck." "I know and I will make sure he stays away from here until after the wedding." He replies. "Oh thank you father." She says as she gives him a hug. The Chief nods. "Your dress is looking beautiful My daughter." He says. Pocahontas continues to work on it. "You really think so?" She asked. "Of course my daughter." She smiles at her father. "Just promise one thing please." He says. She looks up at him. "Please wear your mother's necklace on the day of your wedding. It was her dream to see you wear it." The chief says. "Of course Father! I was planning on wearing it anyway. It's the only thing I have left of her." She says holding the necklace around her neck. "Yes but her spirit lives inside of you." He says. She nods. "Now go have some fun you have been working all day." He says. "But I have to work on my dress." She says as she sews some flowers on her dress. "You have plenty of time to get your dress ready. Go find John and have some fun."  He urges her. She smiles and kisses her father's cheek. "Thank you father." She says as she runs off to find John Smith.

She found herself running towards the white men's camp that Ratcliffe was running. Before she gets to the camp, she was running up a hill and when she got to the top and started to go down the hill, John Smith walked out of a sunflower field and Pocahontas ran into him, causing them to roll down the hill together. She ends up on top of him. John smiles. "Well, hello there." Pocahontas blushed. She gets off of him and helps him to his feet. "I'm sorry, but you walked out in front of me." She says as she pulls him into an embrace. "That's alright. I'm fine. Why were you in such a hurry?" He asks her while holding her hands. "I was looking for you. My father told me to find you and have so some fun. He says I have been working too hard." She tells him. All of a sudden, The wind rapidly twirls around the couple. She starts to listen to it. John becomes concerned. "What is it?" He asks.  She continues to listen to the wind. Then she gasps. "Governor Ratcliffe is back." She says as her breath sharpens. "But Why would he come back?" John asks. "For Revenge." She tells him.  "Ok I'm Going to observe the shore go back to the village and gather everyone and stay in the village. I'm not sure who he is after. I will come back to the village in a little while and tell all of you what's going on." He tells her. She has a fearful look in her eyes. "Its alright I promise to protect you and everyone else." he says as he holds her closely. "John. Be careful. I cant lose you." They pull into a passionate kiss. Then part their separate ways.