Chapter 17

One Month Later

As Rolfe got closer, Pocahontas's nightmares got worse. It was getting back to the way it was when she was having nightmares lasts time. Pocahontas starts to stir from her sleep. John sees her and knows she's having a nightmare. John gently shakes her. She starts to violently hit and kick him. "Pocahontas! It's me John Smith!" He says as he tries to calm her. She keeps hitting her husband. John starts to let tears fall down his face. "Pocahontas I love you." He says. "Get away from my baby!" She says. "You are a monster Rolfe! You leave us alone!!!!!" She says as she screams awake. John immediately wraps his arms around her and comforts her. "John....... don't let go." She says as she cries into his chest. "I Promise. I will not let go." John says as he wraps her up in the covers. She eventually looks up to his face. She softly brushes her hand against his cheek. "Hey, why were you crying?" She asked with a sniffle. He sniffles too. "I saw you having a nightmare. I tried to wake you up and you kept screaming at me. So I just sat there and cried. I can't stand to see you like that honey. It breaks my heart." John brushes his fingers through her hair. Pocahontas smiles. "I understand it must be difficult with all my nightmares but they will be over soon. I can feel it." She says putting her hand on her heart. John smiles at this. "Good because its tearing my heart to pieces. I just want to see you happy and I know you will cry and get scared every once and a while, but all these nightmares are killing me." John says as he starts to cry again.  Pocahontas kisses him deeply. John kisses back. They then cuddle against each other and go back to sleep.

Meanwhile back on the boat

John Rolfe was getting more anxious everyday. He wanted her so bad. The crew couldn't get him to stop pacing. He needed her by his side. One of the crew members bring food to him in the cabin in the ground deck of the boat.  "No thank you." He says as he just tries to maintain himself without going insane. The crew member puts the food on the side table. "Boss, what if she's already married? I heard she is married to your old pal John Smith." Rolfe looks up. he had a wicked look in his eyes. Then he laughs wickedly like a mad man. "Then I guess I'll have to kill him." The crew member nods and leaves him. Rolfe continues to laugh wickedly. Then stops suddenly. "Come on John, keep it together do not turn into a mad man." John says as he goes over and drinks a canteen of water. "I must be dehydrated." Rolfe says to himself. He Then ate a little and went over and lied down on the bed and drifted off to sleep dreaming of her.

Back in the Village

Pocahontas was very tired she hasn't slept well in days. She had bags under her eyes and looked like she just got beat up. John didn't look any better. He hasn't gotten much sleep either. He had bags under his eyes too. Pocahontas and John were visiting Nakoma at her house. Nakoma and Pocahontas were talking about Powatan's wedding. "Oh I think she should have a duplicate of your mother's necklace!" Nakoma exclaimed. Pocahontas smiles. "Nakoma! You are a genius!" She says as she hugs her best friend. "John what do you think?" Pocahontas asks and she turns to look at him. John was passed out on the floor. He can't sleep at night because his wife wakes up screaming. So this is one of the only times he can sleep. Pocahontas giggles. She gets up and kisses him on the head. Then she walks over to Nakoma's bed and takes a blanket and pillow and covers up John and puts the pillow under his head. She kisses his cheek and continues talking to Nakoma. John sleeps for hours. He even slept through lunch. He was really, really, tired. When Nakoma and Pocahontas come back from a walk. He was still lying there asleep. Pocahontas starts to get worried. She gets down on the floor and listens to his heart. She smiles and just sits there looking at him. She giggles as Nakoma comes and sits next to her. "I haven't ever seen him sleep this long." They both start to giggle. They talk for a while and then John finally wakes up. Pocahontas smiles. "Hey there sleepy head." She says as she ruffles his hair. He smiles and then looks confused. "What happened?" He asked. The girls giggle. "Sweetheart we were visiting Nakoma and you fell asleep. you were out cold." John starts to sit up. He yawns. "How long was I asleep for?" John askes. "Only for about 7 hours." Nakoma says. John's eyes widen. "Woah 7 hours?!" He asked. The girls nod. "Holy Crap! I must have been really tired." He says as he stands up. "Yeah you were sleeping so peacefully I didn't want to wake you and I knew you needed the sleep." Pocahontas says as she slowly stands up due to the baby. "Well its time for dinner guys." Nakoma says as she stands up as well. "Ok lets go to dinner and then I have to go home because I'm wore out." Pocahontas says. "Would you like me to carry you to dinner?" He asked. Pocahontas laughed. "No I can walk, besides I think if you carried me you would pass out. I've put on quite a few pounds." She says as she lightly taps her stomach. "Ok well I will escort you then." He says putting his arm out. Pocahontas smiles. Then takes his arm and he escorts her to dinner. They arrive at the campfire and eat a wonderful meal. Then the couple goes back to the ship where they are currently living at. They enter their cabin and get undressed. Then they get into bed. John pulls her close and pulls the covers up over them. Pocahontas Kisses him goodnight and then they both drift off to sleep.