Chapter 15

Pocahontas was visiting her father on a normal day. She was talking to him about her horrible nightmares. "Oh Father, I just don't know what to do. I keep having these nightmares. It's awful." She cried. She had bags under her eyes from lack of sleep. The Chief pulls his daughter into an embrace. "There, There, My Daughter, The spirits must be trying to tell you something." "Like what?" Pocahontas asks as she wipes her tears away. "Like maybe they are warning you of something." Her Father tells her as he rubs her back. "I knew it. So this is going to happen. Father, we have to hide and get away from here...." Pocahontas starts to panic. "Woah slow down my daughter, You need to talk to the spirits first. You need to make sure everything is alright first." Pocahontas sniffles. "Ok." She says. John comes back after helping with some chores. He sees his beautiful wife sitting there crying. "Oh Pocahontas! What's wrong Sweetness?" She turns around and her faces lights up. "Oh John!" She says as she embraces him. The Chief smiles at this. John puts his arms around her and decided to bring her to their tent. "John I don't know what to do. I'm so tired from all the nightmares." She says as she hugs him tightly. "Don't worry this will be over before you know it." John tells her. Pocahontas cries. John nibbles at her ear trying to make her giggle. As he suspected, she giggled. He then nibbles a little more. She giggled louder. He smiled and leaned over her and kissed her baby bump. "Don't worry little one. We will protect you." He says as he rubs it gently. Pocahontas smiles and slowly closes her eyes. John knew she wasn't getting enough sleep for her or the baby, but he didn't know what to do about it. "Oh Dear God please let this baby come soon. I can't stand to see her like this." He says mentally. After a while John found himself tired and drifted off to sleep.

One Month later

Pocahontas' nightmares were starting to settle down. She didn't have them every night now, just about once a week. John was so thankful. He could actually see her smile and laugh again. That meant the world to him. Pocahontas was fast asleep in his arms. She was so beautiful. He kissed her head and smiled at her. Soon she woke up and they both went down for breakfast. The whole village was glad to see her almost back to her old self. After Breakfast, The Chief wanted to speak to Pocahontas alone. John was a little worried at first to not go with her. Pocahontas smiles and tells him everything will be alright. Then he smiles and goes back to the campfire. The Chief takes her to his home. He makes sure Adoette isn't around. The he yells his daughter to sit down. Pocahontas sits down with her father. "Ok, so you know Adoette and I have been dating for quite a while now...." Pocahontas nods. "And I would like to ask for your permission to propose to her." Pocahontas was shocked for a second but then she gets excited. "Yes! Of course Father! Adoette is a wonderful woman and she is so good to all of us and she will be a great grandmother to this child." She says with a hand on her stomach. Her Father looks shocked. "What is it Father?" He finally snaps out if it. "Nothing I just thought you would say no." He says. "Well at first I thought that she was going to replace mother, but now I see that Adoette is not here to replace her, she just fell in love with you so yes! I want you and Adoette to be happy." She says. Her Father starts to cry. "Oh my daughter, you have grown up so much." He says as he embraces her. Pocahontas hug her father as well. They break away and Pocahontas smiles and wipes her father's tears away. "Now what are you waiting for?! Go get her!" Pocahontas says with a smile. "Thank you Pocahontas. Your Mother would be so proud." He says helping his daughter up and then running off. Pocahontas smiles and walks back to the village.

Meanwhile on the ship

"Ugh! When are we going to get there?" John Rolfe asked one of his crew members. "Sir We have only been on board for a month. It takes at least four months to get there." "Ugh! I want Pocahontas as my wife and I want her now!" John yells. "Sir just be patient we are going as fast as we can." The captain of the ship said. "I'm doing my best but it's not easy." He says as he storms off to his bunk.

Back in Jamestown

Pocahontas was wandering around the forest with her husband. She was so happy to almost be back to her own self. John was looking better as well. He was more rested since the nightmares didn't happen as often. "Oh I can't wait until our baby is here!" John exclaimed. Pocahontas giggles. "Me either. You know he will be here in about three months." She says with a smile. "How do you know it's a boy?" He asked. "I just have a feeling." She says with a smile. John laughs and kisses her head then bends down and kisses her baby bump. "I love you little one! No matter what gender." He says as he kisses it once more. Pocahontas smiles. John gets up and their hands intertwine. After a while Pocahontas looks a little sad. "Babe what is the matter?" John asked as he noticed the sad expression on her face. Pocahontas sighs. "I miss traveling on the boat. I can't ride in it because I'm pregnant, but I still miss it. The way the wind swirls around us on the boat, and  just exploring the rest of the world." She says sadly. John smiles. "Well we can't ride the boat, but we can go visit it." He suggests. Pocahontas's face lights up. "Really?" John nods. "Oh Thank you John!" She says as she kisses his lips. So they go to the ship and get on board. Then Pocahontas let's the wind blow her hair around. Oh she felt so free. Then after a while, Pocahontas decided to go to the bunk they slept in during the honeymoon. She smiles as the memories flow back. How she didn't know much about English clothing and how John was expecting her to have underwear and didn't. She laughed at that part. John didn't know what she was laughing at. "Sweetheart what are you laughing at?" "Oh I was just remembering our wedding night it's kinda funny when you think about it. John thinks about and then laughs as well. "I guess you're right. It is kinda funny." Then Pocahontas yawned. "Ok baby let's get you home." John says scooping her up. Pocahontas stops him. "Wait!" He stops. "John can we sleep in here tonight? I love it here." John smiles and nods. "Of course we can." He says as he picks her up again and lays her on the bed. Then he gets into bed with her. He kisses her lips. They say goodnight and the cuddle up with each other and fall asleep.