Chapter 9

The Next Morning

Pocahontas opens her eyes and sees that she was naked and John was just in his underwear. She was getting cold without clothes on. She shivered for a moment but then decided to wake her husband. "John.... John...." She says as she gently shakes him awake. He groans. He finally opened his eyes and saw Pocahontas right in front of him. "Ah, Good morning Darling." He says as he kisses her lips. "Good morning.... John." She says. John noticed the discomfort. "Babe what is the matter?" He asked. "I'm c-c-cold." She says as she shivers. "Oh babe come here. Why didn't you just snuggle into my chest?" He asked as he pulls her close to his body. "I didn't want to frighten you." Pocahontas says as she snuggles into his chest. He wraps his arms around her and rubs his warm hand across her very cold body. "Next time you get cold, Just  snuggle with me ok?" He asks. She nods. He tucks her into the covers. "John?" She asks. "Yes babe?" "I love you...... Please don't let go." She requested. John pulls her close and kisses her head. "I will never leave you. I will stay in this bed all day if that's what it takes to get you warm." He says as he hugs her cold silky skin. "Thank you..." She says. "It's not a problem." He says as he kisses her head. They lie there for a while. They were both having a great time on their honeymoon and it was only the second day. Once Pocahontas was warm, they get dressed and go out to the deck. The sun was shining and the wind was blowing. It was a beautiful day. The newly married couple were leaning against the railing enjoying being in each other's arms. Suddenly music started to play. "Pocahontas, would you like to dance?" John asks. "John I don't know how you English men dance." She replied. John kisses her cheek. "I can teach you. Would you like to learn?" John runs his hands against her arms.
She smiles and nods. He takes her to the middle of the deck and gets her into position. "Now follow my lead." He says as he steps back. She follows his feet. She accidentally stepped on his foot. "Oops sorry!" She says. He pulls her chin up. "Hey it's alright, just keep watching my feet ok?" He asks. She nods. She looks at his feet and moves after he does. Then gets to where they are moving together. "There you go. Now I'm going to pull you close to me and then spin you outwards while holding your hand ok?" John asks with the kindest eyes. Pocahontas smiles and nods. John pulled her close and spins her outwards a little too fast, causing Pocahontas to let go and spin over to the railing and fall overboard. John freaks out. "Thomas!" He yells. Thomas comes running. "What is it sir?" He asks. "Grab some rope and tie it to me. When I grab my wife, I want you to pull us up." Thomas nods and runs to get some rope. Pocahontas had never swam in the ocean before. She was trying to keep her head above water. "John...... H-Help!" She says as she tries to keep her head above water. John looks at her franticly. "Don't worry baby. I'm coming!" Thomas comes back with the rope and ties it to John. John jumps off the ship and dives into the ocean. He grabs his wife and calls for Thomas to pull them up. Thomas slowly pulls them up and helps them back on deck. They finally reach the deck and Pocahontas coughs up water. John rubs her back. "Pocahontas are you alright?" He asked once she finally stopped coughing. She nods. "I thought you knew how to swim." He says. "I haven't swam in the ocean before." She says. "I'm sorry babe." John says as he hugs her tightly. Once Thomas knew they were alright. He went back to steering the ship. Pocahontas wonders if she was supposed to go into deep water. "John, you didn't do this on purpose did you?" She asks as she looks up at him. His eyes widen. "What?! No! I promise it was an accident." He yells as he kisses her forehead and pulls her close. Pocahontas listens to the wind. The wind told her that he was telling the truth. "Oh good. I thought that might have been part of the dance or something." She says. "No babe. I would never do that to you." He says squeezing her tighter. He picks her up and takes her back down to the cabin. He lies her down on the bed and takes her dress off. He gets her a clean one and puts it on her and tucks her into the covers. "Now you stay here under the covers I'm going to change my clothes. I'll be right back." He says as he grabs some dry clothes and goes to the bathroom. He comes out with dry clothes on. Then he spreads the wet clothes out amongst the cabin. John then climbs into the bed with his wife.  She cuddles against his chest. He pulls her close to his chest. He almost lost her. She was a little shaken up. She almost drown. "Shhhh... It's ok. I'm here and I will never let you go." He says as he cuddles her. "Thank you John. You are very brave." She says with a voice that makes John go crazy. "Well I was just doing whatever I could to save my wife from danger." John says. "Well thank you for saving me. I am thankful you were there." She says as she cuddles her head into his chest. "Of course darling, that is my job now, to protect you." He says as he kisses her head. She smiles and nods. They kiss once more before they drift off to sleep.