A long day

While in town I had shopped around for food, necessities, and I found a book called: Ninja Basics for Dummies. The book seemed as if it could be help for basic facts, and I also picked up a pouch pocket to carry things easier. That way I wouldn't have to carry the awkwardly bulky bag tied to my waist anymore. Finally, I gathered all I had bought and returned home.

When I got home I put everything where I wanted it and pulled out some ingredients to make something for Naruto and his team. He had been nice to me from the very start, and I wanted to surprise him with something nice. So I decided I would go and ask for a ramen to go from that one ramen shop when it came close to when he had to wake up. In the mean while, I spent several hours making field snacks for the team. In the book it mentioned a recipe for them, and I had ingredients from my shopping trip.

During the time I waited for them to cook I read through a little of the book. It first described how chakra first belong to The God Tree, but Kaguya Ōtsutsuki ate the fruit from it and became the first to have chakra. Then went on to explain the fighting between her two sons and the history beyond that.

There was a small chapter on how to expand your chakra reserves, but how that a person's reserves would eventually stop growing. Some sooner than others as it depended on a few variants. Throughout the chapter it gave the examples of how to practise.  Most of which I recognized: Leaf Concentration, Tree Climbing, and Water Surface Walking exercises. It even gave a simple justu that could ease a person into starting to learn.

I opened the three scrolls kakashi had given me and skimmed over them all just to get the basic topic of them.

The first one was about The Body Replacement technique. I saw that it mentioned in passing Body Flicker Technique, but nothing further on it. Also the technique Rope Escape was written in at the end by a different hand writting. Had it been Kakashi?

The second one was explaining how to perform the unsealing and enclosing techniques. Showing the written seals and hand seals.

The third scrolls had both Clone Jutsu and Transformation Technique written down in it.

The oven's timer rang and I picked up the scrolls and rerolled them before pulling the bars out and placing them on the stove top to wait for them to cool down.

I opened the third scroll and figured while I waited for them to cool I could try the one of the two that looked the easiest. But when I looked at the hand signs I noticed it only had them as words not as examples. I sighed and pulled out the book I bought earlier... Ninja Basics for Dummies. I turned the page to where I saw the hand signs being shown and first decided I should memorize them all... double sigh.

After having had enough of studying I decided I would wrap the bars all up individually. When I was finished I looked at the clock and decided it was time to pick up Naruto's ramen.

When I returned I went straight to his place. I knocked a couple times before he actually answered. Him cursing under his breath wondering who was here at this ungodly hour. When he opened the door I gave a big smile and raised the plastic bag.

"I got breakfast ramen," I said happily. He seemed shocked at first, but quickly allowed me to enter. "I got it from the ramen shop you like so much, but we better hurry and eat it before it becomes cold. I may have gotten lost on the way back.." I chuckled as I walked inside his place. I stopped abruptly and looked around. The place looked as if it needed repairs. The walls were cracking and a chair lay in the corner broken. And it definitely was in need of some cleaning. It was clear that he didn't have family or at least anyone that came over often.

I smiled softly and moved to the table. I cleared it off and set the bag down, I went to the cupboard and looked for some bowls but didn't see any.

"Naruto, can you go over to my place and pick up bowls and chopsticks?" I leaned into the fridge and looked at the one milk container and saw it was expired. "And milk from my fridge." I turned around and handed him my key with the same soft smile. He seemed a bit confused, but when I reminded him the ramen was getting cold he ran out the house with the key in only his pajamas.