You're so perfect (Yandere!Mutsuki x Reader)

Note: Gender neutral.

(Y/n) was everything when it came to working. They wouldn't take a break unless finished. They wouldn't sleep unless they know for a fact they have done enough. Yes, (Y/n) seemed to be the perfect worker, but that wasn't why they were chosen.

(Y/n) was only a rank 2 investigator, but there was something about them that was so alluring.

(Y/n) did indeed feel alone at times though, but lately, there has been company.

"Hey (Y/n), you busy?" It was Mutsuki, their bestest friend, or that's what one of them thought.

"Ah, Tooru! No I'm not too busy, we can talk." (Y/n) smiled widely. Mutsuki takes a seat next to (Y/n), smiling softly.

(Y/n) and Mutsuki have been talking for quite a while, ever since Mutsuki joined in fact. There was a lot the two shared, (Y/n)'s horrid past, Mutsuki's horrid past, (Y/n)'s love for art, Mutsuki's life as a quinx. But there was something Mutsuki told (Y/n), something that changed so many things. Sure people already knew, but not (Y/n), Mutsuki was trans. But when he told them, their only response was... "So you're trans? That's alright, you're still Mutsuki, and that's all that matters..." That was two months ago, and ever since then, Mutsuki has been feeling...desires of sorts.

"So Tooru, you got plans with your squad today?" Mutsuki nods. "Sure, I guess. Why...?" (Y/n) pauses, looking sad. "It's nothing, forget it..." The truth was...(Y/n) had feelings for Mutsuki, and wanted to ask him on a date, but with some subtlety. Maybe there'll be next time...

"Boy...it sure is getting late, we should leave soon." (Y/n) tells him. Mutsuki's smile weakens. "Yeah, I...I guess you're right..." (Y/n) packs up their things, to get ready to leave.

"See you tomorrow, Tooru!" (Y/n) waves goodbye. To which Mutsuki waves back, without saying a single thing. And just like that, They're gone.

Mutsuki just sits there, thinking... Thinking unhealthy thoughts. 'Please...just stay longer. Don't talk to those filthy friends of yours...please be mine and mine alone...' Mutsuki felt scared of these thoughts, he feared his shy-guy facade would fade at any given moment. It has been harder to control with (Y/n) around him. He couldn't help it, (Y/n) is so perfect.

Time skip

(Y/n) is walking home, peacefully humming. (Y/n) lived alone, although they did use to have a significant other to live with, but obviously it's no longer like that.

(Y/n) didn't mind though, some things just don't work out. Maybe they'll find the person they need in their life.

It was getting dark, and the winds were blowing harder. (Y/n) could feel it stroking their (h/c) (h/l) hair. But a disturbing sound is to come...

(Y/n) suddenly hears a call of a cat, but not just any call, it was a call of danger and pain. It was truly terrifying, (Y/n) has never heard anything like it before. What was happening to the cat they couldn't even see...?

'I should help the poor thing, maybe it's not too late! But what if...?' (Y/n) shakes their head, forcing the negative thoughts out. They had to hope it wouldn't be the case. They will not let another living thing die on their watch!

So (Y/n) bolts toward the direction of the cries, which was leading to an alley way. No one else was around, so it would be difficult to get more help.

They were alone in this...or so they thought...

(Y/n) keeps bolting and bolting, panting and panting. They needed to hurry, the cries were getting weaker and softer. It can't be too late!