It honestly was all in good fun

Yay! it is a prompt! a dialogue prompt to be exact! Ready? ... set?.... GO

Human AU!

"Halloween was yesterday, why are you still wearing a costume?"

"i'm... not wearing a costume? you know i didn't go out yesterday"

"well correct me if i am wrong but... i am pretty sure you didn't have wings yesterday"

Okay so sure, he could have brought it to her in a more... gentle way but in his defence, 8 AM after a night out on Halloween is too early to deal with- whatever this is. In all honesty 8AM on any day is too early to deal with your girlfriend showing up in your room with wings on her back.

Then again, said girlfriend is kind of freaking out right now and Toothless-really known as Ezere and despite the nickname, he still has all his teeth- is pretty sure she is just a few seconds away of a breakdown.

"hey shhh, it's okay sweetheart. someone probably pranked you when you were asleep" he says softly as he pulls the petite girl to his chest, hugging her to the best of his ability with those awkward extra appendages. 

"i texted everyone but everyone denied it" she whimpers pitifully, not quite in tears yet but close.

"Honey tell me, even if they did would they tell you?" Toothless cups Hiccup's cheek, lightly stroking it with his thumb.

"well no" 

"then why are you getting so upset? it is probably just a prank. c'mon get off of the floor, i'll help you it is probably just glue. it'll come off with water or rubbing alcohol"

He pulls her up from the ground and directs her to his bathroom, after situating her in a way in which the wings hang into the bathtub. He pulls her tank top aside and draws a blank

"what is it?" Hiccup asks nervously 

"no nothing, it just looks very well done" Toothless assures her, prodding the base of the wings. "do you want to try the alcohol or water first?"

Hiccup shrugs and the blueish black wings move along, the feathers lightly rustle. 

Toothless chuckles and walks over to the medicine cabinet, he pulls out the brown glass bottle of rubbing alcohol and some cotton pads. "if we start with alcohol we can rinse it of whether it did or didn't work don't you think?" he asks lightly

The brunette still looks very pale and like she is a second away from crying but at least she is more subdued now and less hysterical.

he starts at the edges, intending to slowly work the alcohol under the prosthetic and dissolving the glue in that manner, but no matter how he rubs the edges don't start peeling off.

At this point Toothles has to admit that he doesn't have much faith in the water theory but he is not trying to worry Hiccup so he just put the alcohol aside and turns on the shower head, as he lets the water run warm he helps his girlfriend get out of her tank top.

The moment the water hits her back and wings Hiccup stiffens. "what is it? too hot? or too cold?"

Suddenly she starts crying, heartwrenching sobs and trembling shoulders. Toothless quickly turns off the water, drops the showerhead and kneels in front of her. "hey hey what's wrong darling? talk to me sweetheart" his big hands rub warmth into her skin. Hiccup is hunched over, hands pressed over her face. Toothless softly pulls her hands away, revealing a red nose and glittering green eyes.

"i can't help you if you don't talk to me" he coaxes gently

"i - i could feel the water go-going down the feathers" she hiccups, she doesn't give him time to say something as she continues "i'm turning into a freaky bird thing and everyone will hate me and they'll take me to a government facility where i'll be experimented on and i will lose my labs and reptarium and i'll never see you or my family and friends again and i'll die lonely and i'll start laying eggs soon and-and- an-"

Hiccup gasps for air between her wails and is forced to stop ranting simply due to a lack of oxygen.

Toothless lifts her effortlessly into his lap, chest to chest and strokes her head. 

"of course not, i won't let that happen"

"we need to go into hiding"

"we don't need to go into hiding"

"you aren't taking this seriously," her voice pitched "give me your phone, they'll track it"

With tear streaks on her cheeks, wild hair and a splotched face she looks kind of crazy but Toothless doesn't mind.

The doorbell rings and Hiccup freezes once again. "they found me" she squeaks.

in a flash she is up and out of the bathroom.

Toothless sighs and shakes his head, how could they possibly have found her if she never left the house in the first place? how would they know? however, he understands that with her current mental state and her normally overactive mind she wouldn't think of that. so instead he gets up from the floor and answers the door.

there stand their friend group, every single one of them with weird grins.

for a second Toothless is torn between passive-aggressively telling them "this better not be a prank" or just angerly stating "this better be a prank"

in the end he just glares darkly at them. "why are you here this early?"

"we'd figure you would need some help with an escaped birdy around here" Tuffnut answers with a cheeky grin.

one which Toothless returns, but his is dark and quite menacing. "oh? and how would you know about any birds in my house?"

In the end it were prosthetics glued with special FX glue which only could be 'disolved' with brand bond breaker and the feeling she experienced in the wings? that was all psychological.

apparently they had been planning this since last year and even ordered custom made wings and brand name FX glue, honestly he would give them kudos for all the preparation and dedication but the prank wasn't well received and even after the wings were taken off Hiccup was still shaken.

So they all got a month long ban from his entertainment center in the mail and were now excluded from his proposal planning, and Hiccup? she got a LOT of cuddles

i dont know what is going on but it was supposed to be fluffy, like dang.

i don't really like it but i pushed through! *proud*

in all honesty it was hard to write this bc i would daydream ahead and come up with cute ideas but when i wanted to rewind to write them down my brain was like nope! not today! you need premium acces to do this. so here we are!

thanks for your patience loves and i'll see y'all in a bit (a lenghty bit probably) when i have an update schedule!!

stay you 

Lots of love from me >w<