Blackmailing

Hiccup lays leisurely against her father's side, basking in his warmth. After some time she finally managed to calm down with help of Sigewaerd, however, neither Toothless n'or Yrsa have returned and it starts to worry her.

"They still haven't returned yet" she murmurs softly. Sigewaerd's body rumbles as he hums in response, " just give them some time baby girl. Let them quarrel it out"

"But what if something happened? What if they got caught in those nasty traps?"

Sigewaerd sighs "give it five more minutes, then --if they haven't returned yet-- we shall head out and search for them okay?" Hiccup looks her father in the eye, searching and searching but finding nothing so she nods "yes."

--------------

Selene nudges the heap of moss, leaves and sticks. The cave she chose was carved out on the side of the mountain, obscured from view by the dense forestry. Both stalagmites and stalactites decorate the ceiling and floor sparsely sometimes meeting and forming a few columns here and there, it wouldn't be easy to attack her within the walls of the cave so she should be able to nest quietly.

Although the eggs weren't fertilized they still needed to be laid, like those fat birds the scaleless like too keep for food. Selene sighs and narrows her eyes at her stomach, damn mating seasons! A sharp pain in her flank brings her out of her thoughts. She reluctantly lies down to find a comfortable position 'til the cramps pass, but not without another dissatisfied harrumph.

She'd rather be with her cubs, she misses them dearly... oh and her mate of course.

stupid ass that he is, not even coming to check or comfort her.

.....she wants some deer meat.....

Selene perks up by the loud sonority of rustling leaves, she focuses on the noise and barely manages to catch the distinct sound of air being displaced by the soft pumping of wings.

well, there goes her peaceful as possible nesting.

She pushes herself to her feet and faces the entrance of the cave, a Changewing appears in its entrance. "Ah, i seem to have caught you at one of the most inopportune moments, my sincere apologies for that" the Changewing states, ignoring the growls escaping the Spinetail.

"Get out"

The Changewing gives the female an unimpressed glance, "Now, that i can't do, unfortunately. See i have come here specifically for you and i can't leave before i get what i came for"

Selene curls her spine in a defensive manner "And what is it that you came for?" baring her teeth, showing she won't hesitate to attack and defend herself.

the Changewing shrugs with her wings, immediately a few dozen dragons appear behind her.

"...leverage"

--------

"Okay! that's it! five minutes are up let's go!" Hiccup jumps up, not even waiting for her father as she speeds away. Sigewaerd rolls his eyes, kids.

He quickly catches up to her, "so, how do you think you'll find them?"

"i'll sniff them out"

"you'll...sniff them out? Don't know how you're gonna manage that"

"with my nose obviously"

"ah yes your Human nose"

Hiccup staggers as she halts her pace, "oh, right" her father looks at her with bemused eyes "yes, right" Hiccup huffs, "well then you use your nose"