A plan set in motion

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T HAVE THEM?!" "W-we weren't able to-to get them y-your majesty" the dragon stutters

Suddenly the Queen's whole demeanor changes. "Is that so..." 

"ye-yes"

 "i see. Well then best not to dwell on could have been, is it not?"

"No your m-majesty?"

The Queen brings her enormous  head closer to the shivering dragon "then we shouldn't dwell on what you could have been."

"NO! PLEASE! I'LL DO BETTER!PLEASE!"  The dragon backs up, cowering away from the large snout. His next plea is swallowed along with him, The Queen licks her fangs.

"As for you," she glances coldly at the frozen spinetail. "Until you have given me what i want, i will require DOUBLE the amount of food... get to it"

The spinetail seems to manage to shake off the shock, "but your highness, it would be nearly impossible to-" one glare of the Queen shuts him up "O-of course my Queen" he mutters and hastily takes his leave.

The Queen stares at the tunnel a little longer before sinking back in her hole, fantasizing about her reign as she re-acquires Toothless and kills that little female pest called Hiccup.

She can vividly imagine Toothless' face as it crumbles with grief and pain. His soul shattered and him at her command. The thought alone thrills her

-_-_-_-_-_

"Hiccup! calm down please, you're going to hurt yourself!" Yrsa pleads, watching the auburn-haired girl tug at her messy locks, tears pouring out of her green orbs. "Yrsa, go find Toothless, bring him back. Hiccup needs him" Yrsa looks torn between her father and sister, "b-but... what about-" "NOW" 

"Yes!" she yelps.

The last thing she sees is Sigewaerd curling around Hiccup's shaking body. She climbs the path out of the cove, suddenly she realizes the task at hand is tremendous because she now has no dragon senses to rely on. "ugh" she groans, "think like a bulk of testosterone stuffed in a dragon Yrsa, come on" A loud crash interrupts her. "Aha!" she rushes towards the sound.

Sigewaerd nudges his youngest hatchling, well fledgling now but that doesn't matter, she will always be his baby girl. Even after she will enter the mating ceremony. 

His warm snout rubs against her trembling frame, his large wings shielding her from any outside harm. Her breathing shallow and ragged, sobs shake her small body, warm tears bring some heat to her pale cheeks. Sigewaerd curls even tighter around his daughter, feeding his internal flame and raising his temperature, willing it to blanket Hiccup.

"Daddy..." she chokes out, "Yes baby girl?" he rumbles. "It's all my fault!" she whimpers, clawing at her chest. "what is your fault baby girl?"  

"i-i..." she gasps for air 

"Breathe baby girl, just breathe. you're safe, i'll keep you safe." 

"i-i-i KILLED THEM!" she screams, choked breath escape her lips.

"baby girl! baby girl look at me, Hiccup look at me" forest green orbs meet soulful blue ones, "you didn't kill them, now breathe" Hiccup shakes her head, "no listen to me, did you end their lives with your own claws?" Again a shake "Then you didn't kill them, now breathe for me sweetheart, that's it deep breaths"

Once Hiccup has relatively calmed down they sit together watching the fire dance, illuminating the night around them. "Hey, remember when i bathed you after your little 'adventure' with eels?" Hiccup shudders, "don't remind me" Sigewaerd laughs "you were quite a mess"