The bumps in the road

Hiccup often prides herself in her intellect and her witt. This however is definitely one of the worst decisions she ever made and one she absolutely isn't proud of.... at. all .

She scowls at the broad back of Berk's chieftain as she gets escorted to her family. Like some damn prisoner! Okay maybe she might be a prisoner but not in the general image of the term.

She is not a crippled dragoness in a pit guarded by dragons. Well... she technically is a crippled dragoness, seeing that she is a dragoness... turned human by a witch. Anyway she might not be a prisoner by dragon standard but then again she doesn't know the human idea when talking about prisoners.

She glances at the boy walking at her left slightly behind her, keeping his burning gaze on her. She doesn't quite understand why but even looking at his face makes her blood boil with loathing and maybe a hint of unease?

The young girl shakes her head, she is a proud dragoness she wouldn't feel uneasy towards a scaleless brat seemingly her age. Adult scaleless may be a different story...

"So, you're one of those beasts that ate Gobber's hand and foot? I should really rip yours of then... with my bare hands of course" the boy states catching her attention.

Hiccup suppresses a snarl, as she is amidst a village full of guarded, armed scaleless. She is not a beast! She is a regal child of the gods, blessed with flight and fire! Just because she is what scaleless classify as an animal doesn't make her a beast.

"It would be best for you to keep your jaws shut little human, or else you might find something missing" she threathens softly. Not that she would actually mutilate the boy (yet, she might be a creature far above these scaleless and their savage ways but everyone has a limit) but still... he doesn't need to know that.

"Oh I'm soooo scared! The beast will hurt me with her tiny hands"

"Snotlout shut yer trap!" Some one yells at the boy who immediately clamps his mouth shut. Ah so he is called snotlout... how... Charming

"We're here" Stoic announces, moving out of the way and letting Hiccup take in the sight of the arena. She contorts her face in disgust, she can already hear the dragons roaring, pleading to the gods for mercy, for freedom.

It sickens her.

It absolutly sickens her that the dragons are treated like this. That they are held there, grounded basically awaiting death by the hands of these scaleless because Hiccup knows that they won't be released.

She reluctantly enters the arena, gazing upon the heavy doors trapping her fellow dragons.

"Help! Please!"

"Oh for the love of the universal dragons will you shut you maw?! It is torture enough being here i don't need your jammering"

"Shhh. I smell them, they're here"

Hiccup clenches her eyes shut at the sorrowful howls. "Before you see your family you need to agree on something" Stoic's voice enters her ears. Her head snaps to the male, rage prominent in her forest green eyes. "What?" She hisses lowly "i agreed on your stupid proposal Scaleless in return you would take me to see my family and now you want more from my part whilst i have yet to receive from yours?!"

Stoic looks down at the enraged female, "you need to participate in the dragon training"

"The what ?!"

"Dragon. Training. You'll start right after you have seen your family but first, you must agree"

"What if i politely decline?"