Chapter 30

Thank you to everybody who's reading!

Don't forget to vote!

Comment!

<3

One I land in Houston I waste no time checking into the hotel and having my rental bought to me. I threw my things down on the bed and went to take a shower, my cover tonight was going to be a ball-like party near the port so I needed to be able to blend in. Choosing one of the few suits I had brought with my I pull it on...all black with a white button-up and a black tie, cufflinks with "J&A" on them. Unless you knew they were there you wouldn't notice but It still made me feel good.

Making my way through the hotel, I get many smiles and various plays for attention by a fake desperate woman and no doubt there's just going to be more of this at the ball. They know I have money, I'm not bad looking....perfect target. Unfortunately even the broken pieces of my heart are still held captive and I do not see that changing any time soon. As I walk I review the details in my head as a way to distract myself from the desperation surrounding me.

Red said someone was bringing some sort of shipment from the port and to the host of the lovely ball. I needed to get in and work my way to a vantage point, from there it was as simple as waiting for anything suspicious. Leaving the hotel I drove to the venue and tossed the keys to the valet. Fixing my tie and plastering on my best fake-sexy smile I make my way inside.

Alanas POV

Using Javier's yacht (yes that one) I traveled from Mexico up the coast to the Houston port. There was a potential partner based there and I was to meet him, feel him out to see if he could be trusted before Javier comes himself to talk business. As usual, I was dressed to the part, I wore a floor-length spaghetti-strapped champagne-colored silk gown with a slit coming up to my hip and a very deep V neckline.

My long hair was wrapped into a bun sitting high on my head with a few wispy pieces hanging here and there, perfectly showcasing the gold and diamond earrings in my ear. Shimmery champagne and black smokey eye and nude lip color finished off my makeup and I throw some gold heels on. I needed to be captivating and sexy while maintaining control of any situation, which leads me to secure a knife to the inside of my thigh.

As we near the port I come up on the top deck to take in the view of the coast, taking in a deep breath and mentally preparing myself for the night ahead. Jamie's face flashes through my mind, that smile of his warming my cold soul for a moment before I shake my head...forcing my emotions in check. I square my shoulders and make my way from the Yacht to the deck of the port.

There is a sharply dressed man there and you can tell by the darkened eyes he is thinking about more than business as he takes in my form. Clearing my throat his attention seems to snap back and he offered me his arm and escorts me to the party. I want nothing more than to meet the boss, do a bit of snooping and make my way out of here. Report back to Javier and let him take things from there while I am left alone for a short amount of time...till the next mission comes up.

The man escorts me through the party and to an office in the back, opening the door for me as I slide past him. Behind a large desk sits an older man, salt and pepper hair but still looks as sharp as a whistle. Upon my entrance he gets up and walks around the desk, taking my hand a placing a kiss on the back before motioning for me to take a seat.

"Alana, It's such a pleasure to meet you! Your father talked highly of you but I must say he never mentioned how beautiful you are." Plastering a fake smile on my face..."Thank you, I appreciate your meeting with me in lieu of my father as he is indisposed at the moment. If we can come to an agreement then my father will be the next one to meet with you." As I am talking I notice that he is paying closet attention to my lips than to my words so I make a point to run my tongue over my bottom lip.

His eyes widen and clearing his throat he manages to form a sentence...but, not one I was expecting. "Its such a shame Alana....such a shame we have to kill you.." As soon as the words are out of his mouth the door burst open behind us and two men run in. Of course its a trap, these things never go easy, do they?

Standing up I flip myself over the desk and grab Mr. Salt and Pepper by his tie and in one swift moment, I have the knife from thigh held to his neck. Visibly surprised his henchmen just stare at each other and then their boss...trying to make their next move. I see my soon to be victim trying to be stealthy and reach a hand into the top drawer of his desk as I see the glint of metal. Ah perfect.

Applying a bit of pressure I slit his throat, immediately moving the knife from his throat to send it flying across the room and hitting one of the guards square in between the eyes. I reach into the desk, grabbing the gun just as the other guard reaches me. Raising the gun to point in his face he comes to a complete halt..."What was the plan here buddy? KIll me, then what?" The sweat is beading on his forehead as he looks between me and the gun.

For a little extra emphasis I cock the gun, "ok...ok,...the plan was to kill you, but tell Javier we were only holding you for ransom in order to draw him out, make some money and eliminate the competition. 2 birds one stone kinda thing." He lets out a nervous chuckle but I find nothing funny....Without another thought, I pull the trigger and walk out of the room. Closing the door behind me and going to find me a drink before the party inevitably ends with the discovery of the crime scene I had left behind.