Chapter 18

~WARNING: SEXUAL CONTENT~

Alanas POV

I sat in stunned silence, my cheeks wet with silent tears shed while listening to my mother's story. How could her family have let that happen? How had she survived that man? How had she endured and still be sitting in front of me now? 

I was entirely speechless and could scarcely feel Jamies arms around me, trying to protect me from what I was hearing. My mother had gone through hell and come out the other side, but then...wait...why had she left me if her main focus was to keep me safe?

"What happened after you got away? Did he come looking for us? Why did I think you were dead this whole time?" The questions started pouring out before I could stop them. I knew she had just bared her soul for me but there was still so much more. She nodded and took a breath before answering me.

"I kept us on the move while you were young, trying to stay one step ahead of him at all times. When you were five I made a wrong move, we were living in Ohio at the time and I was out grocery shopping with you. As we were headed to the car I spotted him amongst the shoppers, grinning at me like a cat who had cornered a mouse for dinner."

She stopped momentarily to regain her composure, "I tried to get us out of there as fast as possible but after I had buckled you in and was getting in the driver's seat I felt a searing pain rip through me. In my rush to get us to safety, I ignored it and drove straight to the police station. I jumped out of the car and grabbed the first uniformed officer I spotted and started trying to explain what was going on.

 I went weak and doubled over in pain, the officer helped me sit and that's when we realized the pain I had felt was a gunshot wound. I was quickly bleeding out and I told the officer you were in the car before I passed out from blood loss.

When I came to in the hospital the officers assigned to guard me had explained I suffered internal injuries and had been rushed into surgery while I recovered they had no choice but to send you in to foster care as they had no way to locate next of kin. I explained the lost and sordid details to them and the head detective on the case came to me with a solution. Fake my death...leave you in the system. 

They could change your name and move you around so that he could not find you. I needed to let you go for your own safety, it was the hardest thing I ever had to do Alana please believe me when telling you that I love you and I was only doing what I thought I had to."

I was in shock, he had shot my mother...tried to kill her to get to me the same way he had tried to kill Jamie. I looked up at Jamie who was still holding me, I could see the moisture in his eyes as he took in everything I was. Shaking my head I stood up, "This is so much..too much to process...I...I need some time...." 

My mother stood up quickly and moved toward me but as she did I jumped, I didn't think she would hurt me but I was so overloaded with everything she had told me my thoughts were scattered, I didn't know what to think or how to feel.

She stopped and looked at Jamie, "We have a guest house, I know you both need time to process and also probably a bit of distance but I hope you would consider staying there for the night. Maybe we can resume our talk in the morning when we have all had a chance to rest." 

Jamie comes to me and eyes me questioningly, I give him a short nod and he thanks my mother for the offer before wrapping his arm around my waist and guiding me through the house to the guest house my mother has led us to. I go in and sit on the bed as Jamie runs back to the car to get our suitcases.

Jamies POV

There was so much more to this than I could have ever imagined, I knew now more than ever I had to protect Alana...from her father...from her past...possibly from herself. This was more than any person should be asked to endure and yet she had to, but I would do everything in my power to share her burdens, to make sure she knows she's not alone in this. I grab our suitcases and make my way back to guest house not wanting to leave her alone for very long.

When I come back in she is in the same spot I left her in on the bed and my heart aches for her, I set the suitcases down and go to the bathroom and run her a hot bath. She needs to relax and feel safe so that everything she has learned doesn't overtake her. 

Returning to the room I bend down to take off her shoes before gently pulling her to her feet. She is completely emotionless as I slowly undress her and lead her to the bath I have prepared. As she sinks into the water I kneel down next to the tub and start washing her body and I can feel her begin to relax under my touch.

"Why Jamie? Why did this happen?" The pain behind her brown eyes is enough to break down the strongest man as I struggle to find an impossible answer. Instead, I just pull her into my chest as she sobs uncontrollably, I can feel her body trembling against me and all I want to do is take the pain away. 

She pulls away from me and I look down before I know it her lips are on mine and I can feel her pouring all of her emotions into our kiss as It intensifies. I feel her hands clawing at my shirt and I pull it up over my head and toss it to the side.

I get up and scoop her out of the tub, I barely have time to lay her down before she is wrapping her legs around my waist. I break our kiss and start trailing my tongue down the length of her body, kissing and knead her breasts as she arches her back. "Jamie, make me forget baby please." 

I continue my path down her body until I am positioned between her legs. Her soft moans have me hard as a rock but this is not about me, she needs to feel my love, needs the escape from her current reality. I kiss and nip at her thighs, her mound..driving her crazy until she can't stand it anymore.

I feel her fingers slide into my hair, grabbing handfuls and leading me to where she wants me. "Please Jamie.." She begs. With that I bury my face between her legs and she lets out a deep moan, I swirl my tongue around her pearl, flicking it before moving lower. She inhaled sharply as I slip my tongue inside her while simultaneously ribbing her sensitive pearl. 

Before long she is grinding her hips with me, when her legs begin to shake I move back up lapping and teasing her with my tongue as I insert two fingers inside of her, thrusting them in and out while maintaining my attention to her most sensitive part. Within minutes she is crying out my name, shaking and trembling with the force of her release.

I roll over onto my back, trying to catch my breath when I notice her get up and disappear for a second. When she comes back she has the box of condoms I had packed away and she sits in next to me on the bed, she runs her soft hand down my torso, unbuttoning my jeans before pulling them off of me. 

My dick is at full attention and I waste no time siding on a condom and attempt to sit up but she pushes me back down and climbs on top of me. I watch as she gives me a sly smile, taking a moment to position herself before gently lowering herself on to me.

We both let out a moan as I fill her deeply, staying like that for a moment before she starts moving, grinding her hips. She feels so damn good I can barely control myself, sitting up I bring our lips back together while my hands cup her ass. I flip her over and push myself into her, filling her to the brim as she screams my name. 

She is close and I start pumping into her hard and fast, filling her over and over until we both reach our release, my name repeatedly falling from her lips. I linger inside of her for a moment before getting up and grab a towel and toss the condom, wiping her down and then myself before climbing back into bed. She instantly curls herself into me and I wrap her in my arms, both satiated and thoroughly distracted from tonight's revelations we drift off into a blissful sleep.