"Just arrived?" I squeezed my brows, "Doesn't work start at eight for you?"

"It does," Alyssa said, the smirk wiping off her face, "...First day." That lame old excuse every time.

The smile returned to her face as she battled her eyelashes. My eyes scanned her body, and she squirmed under my gaze, biting her lower lip. Her hand forwarded to reach mine but Jeff cleared her throat, making her stop.

I smiled at her, "It was nice meeting you, Alyssa. You're fired."

"What?" She almost shouted in response. I gave her a nod, before taking a turn and walking right into my cabin; Jeff following closely behind me.

"Manik...," she sounded angry, "This was exactly what you were not supposed to do."

"What happened the 'sir' and 'you're my employer' now?" I teased, laughing. She just glared at me in return.

"Calm down," I retorted, "Did you look at her? That Alisha?--"

"Alyssa," she corrected, cutting me off.

"Yeah, Alyssa," I rolled my eyes, "Firstly, she was late on her first day at work-- Says a lot about her. And secondly, did you see the look she was giving me? I'm here to work, not to fuck her."

"Language," she made a disgusted face in return, then smiling. "Here goes the thirty second assistant I appointed for you in the past six months. And I forgot to inform you, Zubin's here."

"It's not my fault that you appoint girls who are more interested in me than my work," I taunted back, "And did you just say Zubin?"

"Yes. Should I inform him that you're willing to see him?" She asked.

"You absolutely should."

She nodded, leaving me alone in my cabin as I walked towards my chair, putting my over coat over my blazer that I had forgotten here yesterday. I was about to pick up the file on the table when I noticed the frames on my table shifted, facing the opposite direction than they were. I took a deep breath, putting them where they belong.

Who did this?

I noticed a covered black coffee sitting on my desk as I retired in my chair, taking a sip of it. It was the regular one that Jeff makes for me every morning, it was different. Not different good or different bad, just different in a way that I couldn't point out.

"Bhai! Did you meet her?" I heard a voice from my door and looked up to see my step brother smiling at me.

"Look who decided to grace us with their presence today," I teased, walking towards him and enveloping him in a hug. "And who's her? Does my brother have a girlfriend?"

"Girlfriend?" He laughed, "Not really. Assistant actually, I sent her to your cabin, did you meet her?"

Who was he talking about?

Ah... Alyssa maybe.

"I met her," I nodded, "And fired her."