Why I have not been updating

So this "update" is going to be somewhat sad and may trigger some people. You may skip it if you wish to but I feel as if I owe my readers an explanation involving only the truth.

Here are a few things about me I'm sure you guys don't know:

* I am a South African.

* I am currently in my second year of university, studying towards a business degree.

* I live in a household containing four females (you will soon see why this is relevant).

The main reason I initially delayed updating was because my studies have been very demanding. I am hardworking and when I focus on my studies, I like to give it my all.

However, over the past two or three weeks, a university student named Uyinene was declared missing. Many of us in Cape Town had hope of her safe return. However, on Monday (I distinctly remember reading this while sitting on a bench, under a tree at campus) we got news that Uyinene was raped and murdered by a man when she went to the post office to collect something at 2pm on Saturday 24 August. As if this news wasn't bad enough, one of the students at my university was also raped and murdered over the past weekend. Her name was Jesse Hess. She was 19. Was. 

Femicide in South Africa has gotten to the point where women are no longer safe. Not only women, but children too. A 1 year old was raped and murdered this past week. Two weeks ago a women was chopped up in her own apartment. Last week a 14 year old girl was raped and murdered in her grandmothers backyard. And just yesterday my own sister was sexually harassed. 

I'm very affected by this issue and our president is silent. Nothing is being done. Women and children are raped daily. Nowhere is safe. Not my home, not my campus, and not the post office.

I'm traumatized and very distraught. All my classes and tests have been postponed until further notice.

I will try to give you guys some updates, but please understand if they are slow. Thank you so much for supporting me and this book. I'm not about to give up on Oasis, and I hope you won't either.

Please be safe, my readers. We're living in a dangerous world.