thirteen

- Raphael -

"Raph?" Leo is leaning against the wall. I'm punching a training dummy with all my might, pretending it's Vern.

"Aha?" I respond gruffly, delivering another blow to the dummy. It wasn't as great as it should've been. "gotta work on that right hook." I mumble as Leo stands next to me.

"Uh, about what happened with Jules-" he starts, and I already feel anger wash over me.

"What about it?" I ask rudely, not even allowing him to finish his sentence.

"I just wanna say that it's cool that you're, you know, there for her and stuff-"

"Get to the point." I snap, punching the dummy again. He thinks I haven't thought about it? Jules is all I think about it. It's sad that the one person that can get into your mind is the person you can't be with. I always thought I'd be alone until death, or meet a cute little mutant lady, but never once, did I bet on catching feelings for Juliet Emma Fenwick.

"The guys and I just wanna say-" he pauses and I stop to face him. He's looking at me weirdly.

"What?" I ask, annoyed now. Leo is looking at the top of my head, and he swallows hard.

"Donnie!" he calls out. Apparently Mikey believes that his name is Donnie, because both of the other turtles arrive not much later. Donnie just looks at me and Mikey literally skids in his tracks when he sees me.

"H-holy moly." Mikey gapes. They each stand side by side, giving me weird looks.

"What?" I snap again as I did earlier. Mikey's expression changes to one of amusement.

"Gee, Raph, I always saw you as more of a brunette." he smiles, tilting his head. "I guess blonde works too."

I growl under my breath. "I swear, if neither of you numbskulls tell me-" I'm silenced by a round of gasps.

"It's gone." Donnie says. He shrinks a little. "Okay, I know what this is. Raph, don't get mad-"

"Why would I get mad?" I growl rudely, standing up straight to tower over my brothers.

"Okay, okay," Donnie patted the air, resuming his usual height. "Remember that pink stuff that spilled all over you?"

"Boy, do I?" I respond sarcastically. "That stuff made my head burn for weeks, but for some reason only when I was around Jules."

Donnie clicks his fingers. "Exactly." he says and purses his lips. He is silent thereafter until I speak.

"Exactly what?" my voice is dangerously low, scaring even myself. Donnie gulps and his eyes drift to my brothers nervously, and they look as confused as I feel.

"Well, that's the serum I've been working on, t-that kind of reverses the effect of mutagen, but-"

My face burns out of anger. "So you're saying I'm gonna turn back into a turtle?"

His brown eyes widen in shock. "No, that's not it all, would you let me finish?"

I huff in defeat and remain silent. He exhales a breath.

"Thank you." he says sarcastically, and I roll my eyes at his tone of voice. "Well, it contains anti-mutagen, paired with human DNA and... s-some other stuff."

I cross my arms across my chest as if to say "Well?"

"Well," Donnie continues eyeing me carefully. "The serum is emotion controlled. As in intensely emotion controlled." I raise my brow. "I would've told you sooner, but I figured you aren't really in touch with your emotions and I didn't fully test the serum, s-so it'd be fine. But clearly, I am wrong."