Final Exams

"Geez, that's crazy!" said (y/n) in disbelief, "Fighting the Hero Killer?! Stain?!" 

"Yeah..." said Midoryia, "Even with Iida and Todoroki there, we could barely keep up. We were literally fighting for our lives." 

"Man... Bit of a sucky thing to happen while on your internship... How was that by the way?" 

"Well..." Midoryia said, scratching the back of his head, "It was something alright... I heard you turned down your offers. What was that all about?" 

"W-Well, it's just like I told everyone else! My Quirk is just so powerful, no one would be able to help me with it! Hahaha!" (y/n) laughed awkwardly. 

"(y/n)..." said Midoryia in a serious tone, "We're friends... You know that right? If you need to talk..." 

"It's just like I said, Midoryia. Nothing more." 

The two stood in silence for a moment before (y/n) finally walked away. 

____________________________________

"Now I want you all to prepare your minds and bodies, not just for the practical exam, but for the written one as well," said Aizawa in his usual monotone voice, "We're only one week away from the Finals, so keep up all the hard work." 

After class, everyone seemed to be talking about the coming test. 

"Man... I haven't studied one bit!" lamented Kaminari. 

"Me neither!" cried Mina, "What are we gonna do?!" 

"I heard the finals are going to be way harder than the mid-terms..." said Sato.

"I've been studying for a while now, but there's still somethings that I can't get down with..." chuckled (y/n) nervously. 

"Well... If anyone's having a hard time..." muttered Yaoyorozu, "I'd be more than willing to help some of you out..." 

"You mean that?!" yelled Kaminari, "For real?!" 

"Oh, thank you! Thank you!" cried Mina, "I'm saved!" 

"As much as I hate to admit it, I might need some help too..." muttered (y/n). 

"Hmm... You're all doing this cramming a bit too late if I had to say," said Aoyama. 

"If anyone shoud be cramming," responded Shoji, "It's you." 

____________________________________

Before everyone went off to lunch, Midoryia beckoned (y/n) to the back of the class with Kyouka. 

"(y/n)..." said Midoryia, "We're worried about you..." 

"You told her about that? C'mon, man! Low blow..." (y/n) complained.

"He's right," said Kyouka, her arms crossed, "Tell us honestly. Why didn't you take any of your internship opportunities?" 

(y/n) put his hands on his hips and look to the ceiling as if to think for a minute. 

"If I tell you... You have to promise not to tell a single soul." 

"I promise," said Kyouka. 

"Me too," said Midoryia. 

(y/n) sighed as he ran his hands through his hair. 

"I wanted to accept. I really did, but... To accept would be too selfish..." 

"Too selfish? What do you mean by that?" asked Kyouka. 

"Geez, where do I begin?" muttered (y/n) under his breath. 

"When I was younger... When I had a..." (y/n) suddenly stopped, almost as if he was going to say something that he would regret.