A Heroic Debut

"I'm gonna be late! I'm gonna be late!" thought (y/n) as he sprinted through the halls of U.A, desperately trying to get to his class before it started. 

"Young man!" 

(y/n) was about the dash around another corner before he was called out to by a familiar face. 

It was that skinny, yellow-haired man. 

"Oh! Hey, Mr... Uh... I'm sorry, but I don't know your name!" 

"It's... uh... Mr. Toshinori!" said the man, clearly flustered when asked about his name. 

"It was nice seeing you again, Mr. Toshinori, but I've gotta get to class." 

"Wait. I heard about the U.S.J." 

"Right... That whole situation..." said (y/n), scratching his head a bit. 

"I heard about how you threw yourself at that monster. Why would you do that?" Toshinori asked. 

"Well... I don't know... I just couldn't sit there and do nothing while All Might fought that thing..." said (y/n). 

"You couldn't sit there, even though you knew that it was dangerous?" 

"I had no other choice..." muttered (y/n), "If I didn't jump in, then All Might might've died... If I didn't jump in... She would have..." 

"She?" Toshinori asked. 

"S-She?!" stuttered (y/n), "Did I say 'she'"? 

"In any case," said Toshinori, "Even if your concerns are great and even though you may think you can win, it's not worth risking your life. Take care of yourself, young man." 

"Thanks for the advice," smiled (y/n) before running off to his class. 

____________________________________ 

"That just wraps up the U.S.J. Incident," said Aizawa, reading off of the paper about the damage. 

"Although the unnerving behavior and abilities of the monster, Nomu, is concerning," said the Principal Nezu, "We must trust our friends in Law Enforcement and hope that the police can extract any information from Nomu. It seems that this unfortunate chapter at the U.S.J. has come to a close..." 

"There's one thing that concerns me!" yelled out Present Mic, "At around the same time that the intense battle for the U.S.J. was goin' down, there was a crazy earthquake that came from the facility!" 

"About that..." interjected Toshinori, "I believe it was one of your students, Aizawa." 

"A-A student?!" yelled Present Mic. 

"Indeed. After nearly being killed by Nomu after recklessly engaging the monster in battle, his Quirk manifested itself and gave (y/n) an incredible power that matched Nomu. Although the power soon vanished from him, there was a moment where the whole facility shook when his power became known..." 

"I thought it had something to do with the League of Villians, but for a mere student to generate that kind of power..." muttered Nezu, "He could become one of the greatest heroes the world has ever seen!" 

____________________________________

"I've watched it a couple of time on TV in previous years, but knowing that I'll be able to compete in the U.A. Sports Festival this time around is getting me all excited!" cheered (y/n). 

"I'm surprised that they're still holding the festival considering what happened at the U.S.J.," said Yaoyorozu. 

"Aizawa-sensei did say that the competition was too important to cancel," stated Todoroki.