Sahara Desert (45)

Alright my bad bitch readers, listen up! There are some things I'd like to talk about and possibly clarify...

So a lot of shit went down these last couple of chapters, and if you are super confused right now, no, you are not slow, it's supposed to be confusing. In a way, I wanted you to feel as confused as Aeress, so if you are, I've done my job!

Moving on! 

Yes, folks, you heard it here. Shaya is indeed the missing link. If you go back and read, I tried to foreshadow that she knew all along, but I also didn't want to make it too obvious. 

Let's clear some things up! 

Is Shaya a homewrecker? Yes and no. She has put a wedge between Aeress and Warrick, but to be fair, she didn't know they were mates because they never fully bonded. And let's not forget good 'ol Warrick.  

Is Warrick a bad guy? Only time will tell. 

Will Aeress forgive her mate, and her former best friend? Again, this all will unfold how it should. But I think we all know it's gonna be a fun time watching Aeress torture Warrick (I can't be the only one excited to see Warrick in the doghouse can I?). 

¡WARNING!

Before you get more confused, know there will be a jump in time, approximately a year, maybe longer. So what just happened in the last chapter happened a year ago, keep that in mind. 

(Tbh, you can think if this second part of the book as the sequel, but I didn't think it was a long enough part to make a whole other book)

Again, thank you for reading, I value each read, like, comment, or message, it always brightens my day! I hope you guys know that I mean it with all of my heart and makes me just want to work harder! 

Enjoy! 

One year later...

Aeress

     Aeress watched the car door open and stepped out into the rain. A clap of thunder sprung from the sky, and the sound of the pattering rain against the large black umbrella made for a soothing combination. 

     Her heels clicked against the asphalt, and she briefly looked up against the onslaught of rain to see the skyscraper before her. Her destination: twenty-fifth floor. 

     To her left was the man which held the umbrella. A big, beefy fella, who would lay his life on the line for her if the moment warranted it. The same could be said for the other three women who surrounded her, not including the two beastly dogs which strolled with professional composure. 

     They ushered her in without a word. They hardly ever spoke to one another. There was no point, not while they were in public. 

      The coolness of the air conditioner caressed her skin as she stepped onto the carpet and into the lobby. She removed her long rain coat and handed it over to an outreached hand. The doors shut behind them, muffling the sound of the storm and reducing it to a white noise. 

     Her gaze narrowed in on the man sitting on one of the leather seats. He rose up on her entrance. Dressed in a well-fitting suit, he looked good enough to eat. "Don't you look sharp?" 

     Klein sent a smirk her way. His eyes travelled from her head to her toe. His light blonde hair was shoulder length and he grew in some five o'clock shadow. "I should say the same, what's the occasion?"