Find Clarity (35)

Aeress 

     The roaring was deafening, vibrating the very walls that surrounded her. It was the accumulation of thousands of voices, all desperate to even just have a glimpse of the girl who claimed to be the mother of all werewolves. The sound cut to her very core, and all of the starkly different emotions which bled from their hearts soaked into her own. 

     Our children are here. Godhead's voice was never so frail before. They want us. We shall go to them. 

     Aeress breathed in and breathed out. First we have to prove our true identity. 

     And when they believe, we will be one. 

     I'm scared. 

     Fear is natural, fear is a thousand instincts telling you to run, to hide. But fear does not control who we are. Instead, it can allow us to find clarity, to find our own answers, to find our own courage. Now courage-that is true magic. And always remember that you have lots of it. 

     Aeress looked down at the light that came up from under the huge door. She was comforted by those wise words and she even felt her determination swell. Yes. You're right. You always are. You know, I believe in you more than anyone else in this world, and that is why even though I could piss my pants right now, I'm going to go out there and show them who Godhead truly is. 

     I never thought you would do anything less. I love you, Aeress. Everything is going to work out in the end. 

     Aeress felt tears prick her eyes. I love you too. 

     I'll be here every step of the way...

     "Aeress?" 

     Aeress turned at the voice. The shadows were heavy in the room, but she could pick out his ceaseless figure anywhere. "Warrick." Without much thought, she ran up to him and wrapped her arms around him in the tightest embrace. Her lips clashed against his. She soaked in his scent and warmth, and she finally felt complete. 

     She laid her head against his chest and kept her eyes shut. "You're here."

     He didn't embrace her back, but did not step away either. "I am." 

     "I knew you would come. You just can't resist my charm, can you?" She smiled against his crisp, black dress shirt. 

     "It is my duty to oversee the trials. They will be fair, but they will be difficult. I must warn you... Expect anything and everything. You will become the most important woman in the world. Remember what is at stake and remember who you are. You will not fail." 

     Aeress looked up into those ocean eyes and wished she could just float away. "Will you be there at the finish line?" 

     His copper brows furrowed. There was a conflict in his eyes. A war waging. Finally he said in his gruff voice, "I've always been here Aeress. I will be until my last breath." He took a hold of her shoulders and pressed a fierce kiss to her lips that stole her breath. "I'll see you at the finish line." He disappeared into the darkness. 

     "I'll pretend I didn't see that," Klein's voice broke her concentration. 

     She laughed. "I thought you said you didn't have a girlfriend?" she responded with instead. 

     He knew immediately what she spoke of. Who she spoke of. "I didn't and I don't. I'll let you know when I find my mate. Maybe we focus on the now?"