Skill of Recreation (37)

Aeress

     She stripped down to her underwear without any measure of grace. Her movements were choppy and eager, but this was to be expected after experiencing the physical trauma she did. The steaming tub of water just looked too inviting and Aeress was not about to waste any of the precious time she had. 

     The Guides said she could rest, yet did not say how long, but by the astonishment on their faces, she made an educated guess that she didn't have long. 

     When she finished stripping, she immersed herself into the steaming water. She did so with ardor, causing wavelets of water to spill over the sides. The feeling of heat offered comfort the moment she made contact. It was blissful. Her muscles loosened in response to the warmth, causing her to realize just how stiff she was. 

     In that moment, this was all she could do. This was all she was capable of doing. 

     "What a strange day, huh?" Her nostrils flared and her eyes burned with tears in response to her own foolishness. The only person in that room was her. She swallowed and fought for her composure as she knew the only person in her head was her. 

     Aeress took a breath, shook her head. She knew better then to feel loss or self-pity. She just wished it didn't hurt as much as it did. 

     Her skin prickled with warning. She sniffed the air and hadn't identified how unique his scent was until that very moment. It was a combination of so many things, some natural, others from soaps, artificially produced to refresh one's body. She dunked her head in and slowly came back up to see him standing at her toes. His copper strands were more disheveled than what she was used to. He was a wild man, caging in a beast just beneath the surface of his skin, demanding to be released with a strength so bothersome and difficult to ignore. 

     She watched him and was immediately aroused. The response of her body at just the sight of him was all the information she needed to understand that her bond to him had intensified. She clenched her teeth and the flesh between her legs in startlement. Her arms were draped on either sides, propping her naked breasts above the water. The idea to spread her legs as a signal of invitation was more appealing than ever before. Her eyes raked over him and the need to claim him raged inside her like a wild fire. "Warrick," she breathed. 

     His eyes widened slightly and the direction of his ocean stare dipped downward. She could see that his reaction was very nearly the same as hers. Aeress knew that he was straining both mentally and physically. Perhaps if she opened herself to him, he would finally lose control. And by the looks of it, it held on by a thin string. 

      She craved to know what it was like to see that cord snap. He was always in charge, always had control she only dreamed of knowing. He reminded her of Prospero from The Tempest, the puppet master, a man who never missed any detail. "What are you doing here?"

     His crossed his arms-covered by clothes once more-and tilted his head as he studied her. She raised an eyebrow. "My eyes are up here," she sat up and looked him straight in the eye, teasing him with the fact that more of her body was exposed, "and I don't remember calling for a visit. I'm indecent, grab me a towel."

     He didn't move an inch. "Why?" He was challenging her. "There's nothing here I haven't seen before." So now he wanted to play games?

    Aerees chuckled at his boldness. "Whether you've seen these," she traced under her breasts, trailing off toward her collarbones, "or not is not of importance. If I'm naked," she stood up, "before you you," she leaned in and whispered, "all wet and bothered, it's because I want sex. Now be a doll, and get me a towel."