The Male Apendage (14)

Aeress

     She gazed up ahead at the jet plane. It was sleek and worth millions at least. She was wrapped in a heavy jacket, one which which warmed her to the point that she felt a sweat at the back of her neck. 

     The cold frost bit at her cheeks, slipping here and there under her hood as she climbed the steps. It was a confusing mix of temperatures to be confronted with all at once. 

     She couldn't help but feel that she was attending her own funeral. Aeress could faint at the idea of cold death plaguing her once more. That was nothing she ever wanted to experience again. 

     Warrick was right behind, dressed in a significantly less amount of layers. The cold seemed to not bother him at all. This bothered her, until she remembered he was not as human as he appeared. 

     How easily his presence brought awareness to the nerves of her body, rushing through her veins and awakening desires of a wild woman she was beginning to recognize and fear at the same time. Aeress felt on the edge of a tomorrow, a splash of cold water, an inferno of passion, an abyss of insanity. And there she was trembling, stumbling but never stepping away. 

     She got onto the plane, immediately disregarding her jacket. It smelled of fresh linen and clean rugs. This plane was more expansive and florid than the last. 

     She sat down and buckled up. The craft soon took off. After a few seconds of mild turbulence, her muscles relaxed some. 

     "There is a bedroom in the back," his rumbling voice came from her right when he saw her eyeing the door in front of her. She nodded, picked up her coat and marched forward. 

     She examined the tight-spaced room, but there at least was a massive bed. It was neatly made with a plain blue comforter. It wasn't much, but with the impending events on their way, it was just what Aeress needed. 

     She shut the windows on both sides, cutting off the view of the thick clouds and blue sky. After that the room darkened to a low, burning glow, kind of like the illumination of candles instead of daylight. 

     She tucked herself under the layers of blankets after removing a few layers of her own, sinking into the brand new mattress. A part of her hated how luxurious this life was, and another was enchanted and maybe even intoxicated. Yes, she was beginning to believe that she was a drunk, stuck on many pretty things, especially pretty people. 

     On a whim, Aeress pulled out her phone and dialed her best friend. This time she only called her. Seeing her face may have been too much. 

     It only wrung once. "Oh my god, you're alive, Aeress, is everything okay?"

     She steadied her breathing. "No. Not really. They are relocating me."

     Shaya huffed out a breath. In the background were people speaking, like a public area or a train. "Where now?" 

     Aeress laughed. "I don't know. We are on a plane now. I don't know what is happening. I wish I was home with you. Where are you?"

     "Just picking up some food at the market, babe. I wish you were here. Talking to you every five years is driving me insane. I need my Aeress back. It's not the same without you."

     Aeress frowned and the sadness seemed only to worsen. "Shaya, I don't know what will happen next. I may not talk to you for a long time, but I want you to know that I will never find a friend like you again, a true, loyal friend. I love you."