Doctor Nathan stepped in. "Y'all have to stop talking. You're making her feel dizzy. Come sit down my dear." He said gently as he pulled her to the sofa.

Grace came closer to her daughter. "He's a dangerous and cold man Ava."

"No he's not. He's dangerous quite alright but aunt Grace that guy loves Ava so much. I've seen it. I know it." Draya stepped in again. She was shocked as to why she defended Dreidan Vaughn. Maybe it was because she knew how much her friend loved him and she witnessed the true love when he begged her to see Avatia for just a few minutes at the hospital. In fact, she really did not know why she defended him. But she sure knew she did the right thing.

Grace was loosing her temper. She could not understand why Draya kept running her mouth. Avatia on the other hand was trying to process all the information even with the pounding headache she was spotting.

"I want to meet this guy." She finally said. She looked at her mother in the eye. "Please let me go. Let me meet this man. We need to talk."

Grace was beyond shocked that even after bad-mouthing Dreidan to her daughter, the young woman still choose to meet him. "No way. You don't know that guy."

Avatia stared at her intently. "You're right. I do not know the guy. But one thing you also fail to understand is that at this point, I do not know you too." She turned to Draya. "Take me to this Dreidan Vaughn. We need to talk."

****

DREIDAN'S POV

I paced round the hotel room with my phone close to my ear. I ran my fingers through my hair as I fought the urge to roll my eyes at my father who was speaking on the other end.

"I don't understand why Congress Man Vagra is complaining about the guns you sold to him, Mochino. I've noticed you're slacking a lot these days. Even the brothel is still under construction. It was supposed to be done by now. And I heard the Mexican mafia leader is plotting to attack us. Do you even care? Don't make me regret the decision of letting you stay in America. That is not your place. I will send you back to Italia."

"Papà ci sto lavorando." (Papa I am working on it.)

"Beh non mi interessa. Ho bisogno di vedere i risultati. Risultati positivi." (Well I do not care. I need results. Positive results.)

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair for the nth time. I just wanted the conversation to end already. "Sì papà. Sì." (Yes papa. Yes.) And with that, I hung up, throwing my phone on the bed.

I turned to Roberto who was earlier giving me reports on the spies we planted in the Mexican and French mafias. "You know what, Roberto?"

He shook his head. "Non." (No)

"Instead of planting spies in the Mexican mafia, look for a money minded fool who is close to Don Juan and pay him some filthy amount of money to give you information. When he caves in, you know where to throw his body. Right?"

An evil gleam flashed through his eyes. "Of course boss. That actually crossed my mind. As for monsieur Gerardo, I already know what to do. Heard he's got a slutty daughter. I spoke to lord Alessandro about her. He said he's got it."

I rolled my eyes. Typical Alessandro. "Of course he's got it. Dude's gonna fuck her senseless, she's gonna end up spewing all her father's secrets before she cums."

Roberto chuckled. "We all know that, boss man. Is that all you need?"

"No. I want you to go downtown to the gallery and see if everything's set up. If it isn't, fire the whole team and hire new people. I hate sluggish bastards." I told him staring out of the wall length windows, with a glass of whiskey in one hand and a cigar in another. "You may leave now."

He nodded and left the room. Leaving me to think of how to get Avatia back. Just then, my phone rang. Not again father. What does he want this time?

I thought of ignoring it but thought otherwise. The old man's just gonna keep calling. By the time I reached the bed. The phone stopped ringing. I sighed. Just then, it beeped with the entry of a new message. I picked it up and realized it was Draya. My heart skipped a bit. I opened the message and what I read made my day a whole lot better. In fact, it made me smile. The first smile for this month.

No need to come over here again Mr. Vaughn. I'm bringing Avatia back home.
Draya.

_____________________________

So how was that for a chapter? Any questions?

Any comment?

Please do vote to make me know you're enjoying the story.🤗

Love,
Thelma