Chapter 44

AVATIA'S POV.

I sat at my own corner of the jet, watching my boss, no,ex boss, counting money and arranging it neatly in a brief case. What in the world is he doing with that amount of money? It was nothing less than ten million, I presume. Because the money had already filled another brief case to the brim. It's kinda shocking how wealthy he is, and to think he didn't complete his education.

His phone rang and he picked it up. His conversation  wasn't in English, neither was it in Italian. It sounded like Russian. He kept stealing glances at me and it made me feel uncomfortable. I just hated it when people looked at me like that.

To distract myself, I looked at the clouds. What should I expect when I get home? Will Dre and I still be in contact? I already know I wouldn't be working for him again cause mom will never let me leave her side. Heck, she'll freak out. Where's she now? What about Draya and Kenny. I know they're worried sick about me considering I didn't let them know where I was going. In fact, I wasn't even prepared myself. All this worried me. I think it's gonna be better if I just relocated back to Ohio. To forget about everything.

"When we arrive, you'd officially stop being my employee. You'd go back to your family and friends. You'd be safe, don't worry. Never let anyone know you ever had an encounter with me. You'd act as if you've never even heard of me. Continue  your education and when you're done, be sure of a job at MinaTyler Corporation." I heard him say and it broke my heart. I already knew I wasn't going to work for him again but it broke my heart to hear him actually say it.

Know why? Because all this while he'd been considering me only as an employee. He also wanted me to forget about everything. About the fact that he always kissed me. About the fact that I loved him.

"Here's a new phone in case Draya ask. She and your cousin, Kenny, know you're in Ohio. Keep up with that story. The person behind the kidnap of Grace has been taken care of. Just go back to your normal life." He ended his speech, handing me a brand new phone. My eyes stung a bit at what was happening. I know it's insane that he's giving me my freedom and I'm somewhat angry about it because I had gotten used to a life with him. It's totally insane.

I can't help but feel...I don't even know what I feel. You know that feeling that you don't know what you feel? And you know nobody knows how you feel, but you know you're feeling what you feel? Yup. That's how I feel.

I slowly took the phone and nodded. I didn't want to talk cause I knew I'll break down. For the rest of the flight, I looked out the window and tried to keep my tears in check. So this is a goodbye? It definitely is. Dear heart, please don't shatter right now. Or at least, right here.

I was consumed in my own thoughts for hours that I didn't even notice we were about to land. I didn't even hear the hostess tell us to fasten our seat belts. It was Dre who'd gotten up from his seat and helped me with my seat belt. He looked into my eyes as he fastened it and you wouldn't blame me if a tear slipped out. I was going to miss his gorgeous face. He pulled out a handkerchief and wiped my tears. "Everything's gon' be alright." And with that, he went back to his seat, leaving the handkerchief with me.

I felt my spirit and heart crush at everything that was happening. I was the one who was eager to come back to my family, so why did it feel so wrong now? So, so, so wrong. Maybe I should have just stayed in Italy.

Everything went normally. Once we were done from the airport, I noticed the car was going a different direction from my house. "This isn't the road to my house, Mr. Vaughn."

He looked at me and I knew it was because I called him 'Mr. Vaughn'. I figured it would be better to call him like that since he only considered me as an employee, which by the way, hurt so much. "Yeah, I've got some important business transaction right now, and I can't let you go home alone, so you'd only have to accompany me to the warehouse and from there, I'll take you home." He said as if I was supposed to automatically know his plans. At least, he would have asked if I was okay with it. But no, everyone has to stick to Dreidan Mochino Vaughn's plans.