Chapter 24

AVATIA's POV.

It's been four days since we arrived Italy and today was already Monday. My supposed first day in my new college. Woah! And here I am, half way across the world in a place I don't even know. Well at least I had Ana. We'd bonded well, she always had some funny story to tell me whenever she was around. Then there was my boss. Surprisingly he'd seemed friendlier towards me. He even smiled at me yesterday. But I just couldn't forget about mom. I'll spend hours everyday praying that she's safe and that she should come back home. Mr. Black told me he was working on it and would soon have positive news for me. Okay, I know it sounds strange considering I have a phone, and  I should have tracked her location. Well I don't have one anymore. Before we got down from the jet, I realized it wasn't with me. I lost it.

I tried not to think of my frustrating situation by chatting with Ana. "So Ana, you speak Italian so well, did you grow up here?"

She looked up from the pie she was making, smiled and shook her head. "Nope. I was born in South Africa, but when I was five or so, I can't really remember, my dad was transferred here, so we moved here and I just had to learn the language and culture. I mean it wasn't that hard to learn since I was still very young."

Wow. "What's life like in Africa?" I asked curiously.

That seemed to lighten up her mood. "I can't remember so well but I know it's so nice cause my elder sister always tells me stories about the place."

"I never knew you had an elder sister." I mused.

She gave me a sad smile. "Petra. Her name is Petra. She was N__"

Just then, Mr Black stepped in and Ana couldn't finish her sentence. My mouth hung low when I noticed what he was wearing. He didn't wear black. Not even blue black. He wore a light gray three piece suit that hung on his body perfectly well and he held the suit jacket.

 He wore a light gray three piece suit that hung on his body perfectly well and he held the suit jacket

When he noticed I was checking him out, he smirked causing me to blush and look at way.

Can't help it if you look sexier in this. Even though black makes you look great, this one definitely is the bomb.

Ana noticed the smirks and blushes and spoke up. "Going out, boss?"

He nodded and turned to me. "Go dress up, I'm taking you out." He said casually, smirking. My breath stopped for a minute. Did....did...did my boss....say he's taking me out? And smirked? Someone pinch me already.

Ana gasped. She was clearly surprised. But not more than me. "What are you waiting for girl? Come on, let's get you ready." She squealed excitedly pulling me out but only after saying something in Italian to our boss.

After searching for the right dress for about 15 minutes, Ana picked out my two piece yellow flowery sundress

It was so beautiful. I had worn it just once back in Ohio. She paired it with black my black sandals. "Now hurry and go take your bath while I go bring my make-up set." She said shooing me off and I giggled like a little girl. Can't help it if my boss asked me out. I hurriedly took my bath and stepped into the closet to see and impatient Ana, waiting for me. "You took so long and the boss has been waiting."

I laughed. "Ana I barely took 15 minutes. It looks like you're more excited than I am." I teased her.

She nodded. "Yes I am. This is the first time I've seen him wear anything that isn't black in a very very  long time Ava. And its also the first time I've seen him ask any girl out. Clearly he has the hots for you. "

I shook my head laughing. "You're crazy. Actually it's my first time of seeing him in something other than black but obviously he must ask a lot of girls out. Look at him, he's a piece of hot cake. And he obviously doesn't have the hots for me. I mean everyone always looks at me as that naive little girl."

"Awww....it's true. I mean you're really naive but cute and you have an amazing sense of dressing. But really girl, he's never asked a girl out. He's just more of a fuck boy and stuff. More like fuck man." She cooed. "Or fuck hunk, I don't know. Everything fuckable."

I scrunched my nose in disgust while wearing my sandals. "Eww. Keep that to yourself." I stood up and turned around. "How do I look?"

She smiled and hugged me. "You're so beautiful and sweet. Just like Nevaeh"

Ana helped me with my make-up, keeping it low. I really wasn't a fan of make-up but I need to look more beautiful for my boss. This outing will help me forget about my problems even if it's just for a day.

When we stepped out, I blushed harder when I noticed him checking me out. His eyes rested a little on my exposed flat tummy. He cleared his throat and smiled at me. He smiled! That was enough compliment already. "Let's go princess." Then he turned and spoke in Italian to Ana.

She gave me a thumbs up when Mr. Black, more like Mr. Sexy, wasn't looking. We stepped out and made our way to the same Audi that we used when we were at the airport. As usual, there were guards with guns all over the place. It scared me but I knew they couldn't hurt me. I realized there was going to be no driver. Just me and my Prince Charming.  I smiled like a three year old and just stared ahead. We drove for about 20 minutes through out bushes before we ever reached the main town. It was so beautiful. I could only see ahead though since my side window was dark. We drove to the outskirts of town till we were in another secluded area. I noticed we parked at some fancy looking cottage. I looked at my dress. Just then, Mr. Black held my waist and led me in. The inner part of the house was so beautiful. I noticed there was a table set for two already.  He led me there.

"This is so beautiful Mr. Black." I said in awe.

"Princess, just call me Dre already. And besides you can't call me Mr. Black today. I specifically wore this dress because of you." He said teasing me and I blushed again. "I love it when you blush for me. It's adorable."

If I could blush the rainbow. "Th...thanks Dre."

He came closer and hugged me. "You remind me so much of her. It's scary, yet comforting."

"Nevaeh?" I asked stupidly before I could stop myself from talking.

His hold on me loosened, his eyes becoming cold. "How did you know her?"

I could smell his anger. Way to spoil the show Avatia.

____________________________________

😂😂oh Avatia, you're dead meat.

And before I forget. NEVAEH is pronounced as Ne-Vey-Ya. Like that's how I want you guys to pronounce it.

How did you like this chapter? Your thoughts?

Love,
Thelma❤️