Chapter 3; Shayne was right

Start from the beginning

Noah laughed, "okay, that explains it. I've been woken up by a screaming Shayne too many times to not understand your pain." He patted me on the back and grabbed my plate. He filled it with pancakes and eggs before turning back to me, "bacon or sausage?" 

"Sausage." 

----------------time skip----------------

"Alright, everyone ready?" Matt Raub asked off camera after making sure everyone could be seen and heard. All of us must have nodded because he joined us behind the camera and waited for the countdown. 

"Three." 

I could feel my heart beating in my skull. 

"Two." 

Smiling at the camera I shifted my weight from foot to foot. 

"One." 

Lets do this. 

"Smosh Winter Games!" we all yelled after the countdown, every one of us doing a different pose afterwards. I pointed both my index fingers at the camera and smiled wider. 

"Welcome to the 2018 Winter Games!" Sunny announced, "This year, with the addition of a new Smosh member, things are gonna be a little different."

"And a lot more exciting," Both Matt and Sunny shared a suspicious look before looking back to the camera. "First up, team captions!" 

Stepping forward with Lasercorn I playfully glared at him and dragged my finger across my throat, "your going down, buddy boy."

"Buddy boy? Yeah right, I haven't lost a Smosh Games yet in the history of Smosh Games." 

(It is actually a fact that Lasercorn's team has never lost a Smosh Games...kind of weird right?) 

"Well," I shrugged, "get ready for someone to shove the taste of failure down your throat." I laughed, nudging him with my elbow. Trying not to smile at me Lasercorn shook his head and walked away to stand on the other side of Matt and Sunny. 

"Okay," Matt smiled between our interaction, "now that the captions have made their death threats...it's time for teams!" Looking back at the people behind me I caught eyes with Damien who was standing in the back row next to Joven. He wiggled his brows at me and pointed to his chest, mouthing, "first pick?" Smiling I shrugged at him and turned my attention back to Sunny. 

"Since Y/N is new she gets first pick!" he and Matt backed away at this point leaving Lasercorn and I standing in front of the rest of Smosh. 

"Pick Joven," Lasercorn laughed before shifting his eyes back to the crowd. Following his lead I scanned everyone's faces. They were all making eye contact with me. Smiling I scratched my chin. 

"Mmmm, this is so hard!" I complained and watched as they laughed at my distress. 

Stepping closer to me Lasercorn covered his mouth before leaning in to whisper in my ear, "I'll let you have Shayne if you give me Mari." 

Scoffing I whispered back, "Shayne has already said he wants to be on your team." I laughed before stepping back from him. 

"Alright, I'm just gonna go with the first person who popped into my head. I also told her I would choose her first if she wasn't the other team captain," Courtney smiled at me and stepped forward before I said her name and hugged me. 

"First pick, baby! Woo woo!" She celebrated before a pink t-shirt smacked into the side of her head. Giggling I watched as she pulled it off her face and looked down at it. A picture of a train was on it along with 'Polar Yeetpress' written in bold lettering across the top. I couldn't help the laugh of surprise that escaped me at this. I wasn't expecting a movie pun, although before I could even comment on it a shirt slapped the side of my head and fell to the floor.