.9

• "Their kindness is charade,
It's used to sedate...
They remain unashamed...
If you are being used,
You should remain confused,
To keep them amused..."

* * *

Vincent's face turned, and he looked really worried. Darryl didn't seem to notice, but then something must've caught his eye as well. Zak turned his attention to whatever they were staring at.
"What's wron-"
Zak's heartbeat monitor showed his pulse as a single, white line. No beat, not a single beat.
But he felt perfectly fine? It scared the hell out of him, and alarms began to go off.
"What the fuck-"
Darryl froze. "Do you even feel this, what the hell?" Oh god, what the hell was happening. Maybe those cords got like, unplugged...? What was wrong, because nothing with him was. Everything to be in perfect working order to Zak. His pulse had just... Stopped.
But that wasn't the end of the whole ordeal. It was just a small lag in the system, because the real pain was just beginning. A zap of electricity trailed up Zak's spine.
He hunched over, trying not to vomit. Zak began heaving, and his hearing was starting to disorientate. He knew that Vincent was holding his hand, and that a lot of doctors were yelling at each other, and he knew that his friends were trying to talk to him. He knew that, but he kept heaving, oh god, not this again. He felt pressure building up near his nose, and in his eyes and ears.
Suddenly, not able to keep it in anymore, Zak began coughing up tons, and TONS of dark, red blood. His throat was burning, and his mind was beginning to cloud up with thoughts that not even he could read correctly. His chest felt relatively fine, but then his nose began to bleed again, and his ears were ringing, and, and—

"ZAK- ZAK LISTEN TO ME-"
Darryl.

"Hey Vincent?" Zak ran up to him, a bit nervous. But somehow, he just didn't know why. This wasn't something to be nervous about. "So, I was thinking, and I changed my m—"
Vincent grabbed him by the wrist. What the hell— where the fuck have you been?!"
"What...?! Vince, I was just gone for five minutes, what are you talking about?" Zak tilted his head slightly, confusion covering his face.
"Oh really, five minutes? Bad and I have literally been looking for you for hours, Zak. If you wanted... Shoot Zak. If you really wanted to leave us like that, you could've just said so. Instead you just... Tricked up." Tears began to well up in Vincent's eyes, but those very tears immediately turned to rage. "Guess you're on your own."
"Wh-What...? Vincent, we're supposed to stay together, and I was being dramatic. I just didn't mean to hurt you."
Vincent laughed, reaching for something in his pocket, yet still not letting go of Zak's wrist with his other hand.
"Because you don't really ever mean to hurt us, the problem is that you never think about what you do or say and that's the fucking problem." Vincent began to tremble, and Zak noticed that he was starting to sob. "All you ever care about is yourself. We save you, again, and again, and again. But what do you do for us, jack SHIT." Suddenly, Vincent removed a switchblade from his pocket. Zak tried to remove his hand from Vincent's grasp, but he couldn't move. Vincent was going to kill him.
"I'm glad we met Dave yesterday, it was good to know that Darryl and I weren't the only ones that shared the same feelings for you. The same stupid pity. You're so fucking egotistical Zak."
"GET OFF ME, YOU'RE CRAZY—" Zak felt some of his urges begin to well up in his chest, oh god. Not now, NOT NOW.
"Desperate, All ready? You're fucking gross. No wonder Darryl avoids you so much.
Zak froze. Darryl... avoids him?
"You know what? FUCK YOU, A6D. Screw off, you and your stereotypical little villain personality, fuck off for once." He didn't noticed that his body was leaning in closer, that his mouth began to feel more dry and hoarse. He was so hungry, so passionate.
Vincent then drew the blade, slashing it against Zak's cheek. "BACK OFF—"
Zak felt the blood begin to drip down his cheek, and giggled.
"I hope you die, knowing that you couldn't save me. I hope you die right now." And with that, Zak bit down on Vincent's arm, his teeth sinking in at a stronger force than what he had felt on previous bites. This one, he wanted to be painful, to be—