.3

• "Stove burn on my hands,
Show them to my friends,
Make you participate, okay!
Eyes roll back around,
When skulls hit the ground,
Visions to procreate."

*   *   *

   "Shit."
   "Zak— I'm sure we're gonna be okay- let's just go down to the baseme—" After getting that message, the three were sent into chaos. Toxic gas? Why was it censored at some parts? Oh god. Oh god.
   "What if were poisoned?! I need water-"
   BANG. BANG. BANG.
   Zak immediately stood up, his eyes locked on the door. Was somebody else knocking on their door? Did somebody notice the body? Was it the police? Oh god. What if it's the police. What if the police think that he's a murderer... Shit, shit, shit!
   "Zak! A6-Vincent!" Darryl yelled again. "We need to go down to the basement, now."
  "Well, how exactly are we going to do that without opening the door?" Vincent argued.
   BANG BANG, BANG BANG.
   "Guys...??" The pounding was getting louder. Should they open it? What if they're gonna get arrested?
   "Shoot, the window? No. Vincent check your signal!"
   Zak took a few more steps back, backing into a kitchen counter. The pounding. He didn't wanna go to jail. He just wanted to sleep. Toxic gas. Toxic gas. He probably breathed it in. He's probably gonna die.
   "No, the signals out. We can't hide-"
   "Well, we HAVE to HIDE. What if it's another crazy pers—"
   "What if it's the police?! We need to open the door." Can they stop fighting? What if Vincent and Darryl are going insane. What if he's hearing things, what if nobody is banging. Can they hear it? What's happening. Why is everything going to fast.
   BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG.
   "Guys??" They cant hear him. They can't hear him.
   "Bad, What if it's the police? What if since we don't answer, they come in armed?"
   "Please, they are the police, they won't suddenly barge in ar-"
   CRASH.
   "HOLY SHIT-" Zak almost choked, it wasn't the police, it was most definitely not the police. Toxic gas. Toxic gas. What the hell is it.
   The fucking corpse that Vincent mentioned in front of their apartment door was ALIVE, and broke open the DOO—
   "Zak!"
   "What the HELL-" Zak felt as it he were about to vomit, holy shit. Her skin was practically rotting away on her fists, parts of her finger bones exposed, her eyes were brownish and grey, blood was leaking out of her mouth. What. The. Fuck. TOXIC GAS, TOXIC—
   Zak almost didn't realize that he had grabbed the kitchen knife from behind him.
   "Zak, RUN-" Warned Darryl. Was she angry? She looked scary, was she just confused? Why is Bad telling him what to do, he wasn't even listening to him. No, no, he should run.
   Now, in normal situations, you probably wouldn't make an effort to kill a dead woman right in front of you. Hell, in the beginning Zak was running, like I said. But when she tackled Zak to the ground, well.
   "HOLY SHIT- ZAK—" The woman apribted to him, blood spilling everywhere.
   "DARRYL-" Zak almost had no time to think, the woman used her long nails and inhumane power to scratch his elbow, bitting him for a brief moment. FUCK. FUCK. FUCK. HER TEETH ARE DEEP- THIS IS NOT OKAY. OH GOD. Zak suddenly lunged up, sinking the knife deep into the woman's forehead, she lessened her grip, and quickly, her entire body had gone limp. Was she dead? Everything felt weak. Was he gonna die? He left the knife shoved into her forehead. He killed her, she's hurt. Toxic gas. Holy shit. Holy shit. Water. Water.
  The only noise that echoed throughout the room were Zak's deep breathes, huffing in and out. He was frozen, in shock. Did he just. Did he just kill somebody? Was she dead? Was she already dead? What. What's happening. Why did his thoughts repeat. He couldn't talk.
   Blood was splattered all across the kitchen floor, Zak's shirt was soaked. His elbow was bleeding. Oh god, everything hurt so bad. He didn't want to look at his elbow.
   Darryl rushed over to Zak's side, helping him up. "Oh god- Zak it's gonna be okay- A6d go get the First Aid Kit- get some water."
   Zak winced. "I'm sorry- I'm so sorry- I'm sorry- I'm sorry-" Tears welled up in his eyes.
   "Nonono, Zak don't be sorry. Just take deep breaths, we're gonna go to the hospital-" He finally managed to tear his gaze away from the woman.
   Vincent ran over to the others with a First Aid Kit in hand. He poured some warm water on Zak's wound, before doing the same to a small cloth. He applied some mild pressure to Zak's elbow with the cloth. Zak groaned, clenching his teeth as Vincent waited about thirty seconds, he was probably trying to stop the bleeding. Tears were streaming down Zak's cheeks, which he didn't even notice. He wanted to sleep so bad.
   "It's gonna be okay, deep breaths." Darryl reminded him. Deep breaths. Deep breaths. "In for four, hold for seven. Stay awake." One. Two. Three. Four. How deep was the wound? Vincent lifted the cloth up, and frowned slightly. He left for a moment getting some more warm water. One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Suddenly, some more warm water was poured onto the wound; Zak arched his back out quickly, clenching his fists. Fuck.
  "In for four."
  One. Two. Vincent lightly rubbed a block of soap onto the cloth, then beginning the wash around the wound. Holy shit, holy shit.
   Darryl began to hold Zak's hand, letting him squeeze it for comfort.
   "One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Seven."
   Vincent rinsed off the soap, and got out some disinfectant.
   "This will sting."
   Zak nodded.
   Vincent quickly sprayed a few squirts of the bottle, Zak squinted his eyes shut, squeezing Darryl's hand.
   "G-Gahh-"
   "Out for eight. One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Seven. Eight."
   "It's really- It's really- it's really bad." He wanted to talk so bad, but his throat was so dry.
   Darryl leaned over to Vincent, who was unwinding some gauze from the kit.
   "How deep?" He muttered.
   "We should leave soon. Hospital." Vincent whispered back.
   He wrapped Zak's elbow up, and handed him a glass of cold water. Zak was still trembling, though less than before due to practicing Darryl's breathing exercise. He took a sip of the water, god, he just wanted to sleep.
   "Zak, we're going to drive you to the Hospital, okay?"
   "What if it's on lockdown? What about the gases- what if it's the gases that made her- what if I'm gonna die?"
   "Zak, please-"
   "I don't wanna die- I'm not ready-"
   "Zak!"
   "Darryl- Bad-"
   "Zak!" Vincent shouted. He leaned down, putting his hand on Zak's good shoulder. "You're not going to die. Promise." Silence. "Who would we have that would make complete nonsense memes for us...? If you left, we wouldn't be The Muffin Squad anymore." Vincent smiled, still a bit of worry hinted in it.
   Zak giggled slightly. "I'm not. I'm not gonna die."
   "Of course not!" Darryl added. "Who would troll me everyday?" Zak could tell it pained Darryl to say that, but it was true.
   "Yeah- yeah." His shoulder still hurt like hell though.
   He would be okay. He wasn't going to die.

   So why did Vincent frown?