Twelve

Leah was feeling down. She hated it. She hated how she felt like she was betraying Cal by being with Sam. Sam was a good guy. He was always there for her. But she missed Cal so much.

Leah looked at Alexa and smiled. Leah knew how much it broke her heart as she looked at her. She looked so much like Cal and it broke her heart. "You're such a beautiful girl. You're just like your daddy," she mumbled.

Alexa babbled away. Leah looked up as Sam walked into the room and smiled. "I made you a coffee," he said as he sat on the bed.

Leah took the drink and smiled. "Thanks," she said a she took a sip of it. She knew Sam was a good guy and that she was starting to fall for him but part of her was scared that she would never fall again. Like Cal, and how she and Cal were.

Sam took her hand. "I know that there's something bothering you. You know you can tell me," Sam said as he placed a hand on her cheek.

"I'm just thinking over Cal. That's all. I just miss him," Leah said.

Sam nodded and kissed her lips gently. "You always will. But it's okay. He lives on in Alexa," he said.

****

Leah got to work and rolled her eyes. She saw Iain and Emily who were making out. Leah knew part of her was jealous. She and Sam weren't like that. It was how she and Cal used to be.

Leah smiled. "There's a couple of babies here you know," she said as she looked at Calleigh who was sitting in her pushchair.

"What can I say? I can't keep my hands off her," Iain said. Emily smirked.

"You never can. Try to not knock my sister up again," Leah said as Iain chuckled.

Iain walked off. Emily looked at Leah and smiled. She knew how much her sister was struggling. "How's things with Sam? Have you?" She asked.

"No. Not yet. I want to. But I feel as if part of me is betraying Cal. Plus I feel awkward knowing that he's Grace's father. That you and him slept together," Leah said.

Emily smiled slightly. "It was a fling. Sam is serious about you. I know that he is," Emily said.

****

Leah walked into the On Call room. She smiled as she saw Sam. He looked at her and smiled. "I wanted to spend some time with you," she said as she walked over to him and wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him.

Sam pulled her close as the kiss got more passionate. Her hand went to his waistband. He pulled away and frowned. "Wait. Are you sure?" He asked.

Leah nodded and kissed him. "I want you."

Sam pushed her onto the bed as she stripped off and climbed on top of her and got between her legs. He pushed into her causing her to moan as she started to move in and out of her.

But would she live to regret it?