Fifteen

Leah laid in bed with Sam. She knew just how things were but she knew how she was trying to make a relationship with Sam work. And she knew that it wasn't easy. Especially with everything that was going on with Connie.

Sam looked to Leah and smiled. "Are you okay?" He asked as he pulled her close.

She rested a hand on his cheek and smiled. She leant in and kissed him. "I'm okay. Things are just a mess right now. I don't know what to think. I just want it all to work out," Leah said as Sam smiled.

He pulled her close and smiled. "I know how hard it is. I know that you're worried about Connie. But she is a fighter. And so are you. You have been through hell. She will be okay. So will you. As long as you know I am here for you," Sam said as Leah looked to him and smiled.

Leah wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him close. She kissed him passionately. "What would I do without you?" She asked as he looked to her and smirked.

Leah knew just how messy that things were. But she just wanted to make it email work out.

****

Leah got to work and walked into the staffroom and smiled as she saw Emily. "How is she?" Leah asked.

Emily sighed. "Stubborn. She found a surgery in London. She wants me to take her. Iain doesn't want me to go. We got into a huge fight. But she's my mum. He's my partner. I do have Calleigh to think about," she mumbled.

Leah smiled. "If mum want you there then you should go. You're the only one who has managed to force their way in. I am there for her. But you and her have always had each other's backs. So it's different. Calleigh has her dad and me. It's only for a few days. Iain will have to get over himself and step up and look after his daughter. It's not as if you're going away on holiday. It's your mother's life after all. It's not something to toy with," Leah said.

Emily looked to her and smiled knowing that she was right. Leah knew just how tense that everything was and it scared her.

But she knew that she did want to make it work out. But she knew that it wasn't going to be easy no matter what it took.

****

Leah walked through the Ed as she saw Sam. He looked to her and smiled. "Hey," he said as he pulled her close and kissed her.

"I have been thinking about things. And life is short. You should tell Grace about my mum. It's her mum after all," Leah said.

Sam nodded. "I have been thinking the same thing. How are you? I mean she's your mum. You just got her back in your life."

Leah sighed. She looked to him. "I'm okay. As long as I have you," she said.

Sam pulled her close and kissed her. "I'm going nowhere. I promise," he told her.

But could he be the rock she needed right now?