Nine

Leah had finally gotten baby Alexa home. She was scared to be alone so Connie had told her to move in with her. Leah sores on her baby girl. She wanted to keep her safe.

When Leah woke, she saw Emily sitting on the bed with Alexa. "My cutie niece woke up and I needed cuddles."
"Is she okay?"
Emily nodded. She handed Alexa to Leah. "She's Cal's mini me."

Emily left the bedroom. Leah laid on the bed with Alexa. "Your daddy isn't here anymore. But you have someone who wants to help look after you. He's a little bit pompous but he's very nice. He's quite cute too. So can you throw up on him today?" She asked.

Leah walked downstairs. Connie smiled. "How are you?" She asked.
Leah nodded. "I'm doing okay. It's weird that she only came out of hospital yesterday," she said.

Connie handed Leah some coffee. Leah sat down with Alexa and drank it. "I see Cal in her so much."
"We all do," Connie replies. Leah smiled as Alexa snored gently on her.
Connie smiled. "She'll be doing a lot of that for the first week."

Leah grinned. She missed Cal but she loved having a piece of him with her.

Connie cooked them all breakfast. Emily came downstairs and smiled at Leah.
"What are you doing with her today?" Emily asked.
"Taking her to Cal's grave."

Leah soon left the house. She decided to stop in to see Sam. She knew he was taking some time off work.

Leah pulled into the car park outside his flat. She took Alexa from the car and sighed.

Sam buzzed his visitor in. He opened the door and saw Leah with Alexa. "Hey."
"Hiya. I decided to bring munchkin to see you," she said.

Sam smiled and invited them in. Leah looked at him. "How's things at work?" She asked.
"They're not bad."
Leah smiled and took Alexa from the car seat. She looked at Sam. "Wanna hold her?"
"You sure?" Sam asked. Leah grinned and nodded. Sam sat down beside her. Leah laid Alexa in Sam's arms.

Alexa nuzzled into Sam. Leah smiled.
"She likes you," Leah said. Sam smiled down at Alexa.

Alexa gripped Sam's finger. She held it. Sam grinned.
"She's beautiful," Sam told Leah.
"She is. She looks like Cal."
Sam nodded.
Leah smiled. "You're good with her."
"Well I do have a daughter," Sam said as he laid Alexa's head on his shoulder.

Leah went to make some coffee. She looked at Sam. "Are you going to the ED today?"
"No."
Leah smiled. "Do you want to come with me to Cal's grave?" She asked.

Sam smiled and nodded.

Soon enough, Sam was driving to the graveyard. Alexa was asleep. "She sleeps way too much. I don't even know what colour her eyes are."

They arrived and so Sam took the car seat. Leah led the way to Cal's grave. Sam let Leah take Alexa out. "This is your daddy baby. He would have loved you so much. But he had to go and be an angel."

After about an hour, Sam and Leah left with Alexa. Sam was driving back to Connie's when Leah screamed. "What?"
"Lexa isn't breathing..."