One

It doesn't hurt. Dying. It's just like falling asleep.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Leah walked outside to find her boyfriend Cal. They had been together over a year now and she wanted to propose. She knew it wasn't heard of but she didn't care. Cal was the one she wanted.

The storm was getting worse. Leah heard some yelling and turned to see Cal fighting with someone. She ran over just as Cal stood and and the person ran off.

Leah walked over to Cal and hugged him. "You're wet baby. What's happened?" Leah asked as she took off her jacket. She moved her hand away to see blood. "C-Cal."

Suddenly, Cal fell to the floor. Leah fell with him. "I need some help!" She yelled. She looked at Cal. "Stay with me baby. Come on. Stay with me."

The rain poured down over Leah as she held her boyfriends body in her hands. "Please Cal. Don't leave me," she sobbed.

"I-It doesn't hurt. Not anymore. You're here," Cal mumbled. He was losing consciousness. "I want to marry you."

***
Cal was rushed into resus. Leah stood with Connie. Hoping and praying that Cal could be saved.

The machines went off and started beeping. Leah knew in that moment she had lost the love of her life. "Dylan, he's lost too much blood," Charlie said.

Leah walked over. "Let me be with him? I want to be with him when he goes. Please," she said.

Everyone moved back. Leah walked over and took Cal's cold hand into hers. She wiped away her tears and spoke. "You lied to me Cal. You said you wouldn't ever leave me but you are. You're leaving me now. I don't want you to go but you're needed in heaven. God wants you so much more. I promise that I won't ever let you go. You'll always be in my heart. Remember what you said? Near, far, wherever you are. I believe that the heart does go on. You sang titanic to me. But when God takes you, he'll say hallelujah you're home. Promise that you'll wait for me up there. Just wait for me to come home to you. We will be together again one day. I love you so much Caleb Knight. I'll always love you," she said.

Then Caleb Knight had passed away. Everyone was in tears. None of them could believe they had lost one of their own.

***
The door to Resus opened and Ethan walked in. He broke down crying. Leah held him close. "Don't Go Caleb," he sobbed.

Leah was crying again. She held Ethan's hand as they grieved for the man they both loved and lost. "He's gone Ethan. But he's waiting for us to go home to him," she said.

***
Charlie and Duffy took Leah back to their house. They didn't want her to be alone. Duffy gave Leah a warm drink. "Leah, we are so sorry. You can stay here for as long as it takes," Charlie said.

Leah smiled slightly. "I-I appreciate that so much but I need something from my flat. His shirt."

***
Leah had stayed awake the whole night. She couldn't sleep and she didn't want to sleep. She missed Cal too much.

When morning came, Duffy came downstairs to see Leah sitting on the sofa. "How long have you been awake?"

"I-I couldn't sleep. He's really gone hasn't he?" She asked.

Duffy nodded. "I'm afraid so. But he's waiting for you."

That's when Leah broke down crying. Duffy ran over and held her close. Leah cried into Duffy. She didn't want to let Cal go. She didn't want to forget him. "Please bring him back to me," she sobbed.