Chapter 35: Early Preparations

As Rory sat chatting with her family over breakfast the next day,  she found it challenging to focus. While being delighted to see the way her Dad and Luke were getting on since her accident, it was difficult having such a busy household, especially after the celebrations over Christmas!

From the moment she and Logan had decided on a date for their wedding, Rory's mind was filled with thoughts of her wedding dress, shoes, veil, bridesmaids, wedding venue, vows, guest list and so on.  She didn't even register when her mother began to question her as to where she had disappeared to yesterday!

"Earth to Rory... are you there?" Lorelai asked becoming a bit concerned. "Is everything alright with you and Logan?"

"Oh more than alright Mom.... definitely more than alright!" Rory repeated smiling as if she had a secret. "Actually could I have everyone's attention please?"

Rory stood, ready to make her announcement and all eyes were on her. "Thank you...... I just wanted you all to know that Logan and I managed to have a bit of time alone yesterday and we have decided ......that we would like to get married as soon as possible!.....So... how would you all feel about being back here in six weeks time for our wedding?"

"Six weeks?" Emily questioned. "That's not giving us long... but I guess it could be done! I have lots of contacts.... and I can get straight onto them tomorrow!"

"I can definitely be there Kiddo... and I'm happy to forward you and Logan however much money is needed to cover whatever type of wedding you want! The sky's the limit!" Christopher offered enthusiastically.

"Can I be your bridesmaid?" Gigi asked in her usual bold manner.

"You just need to make sure you don't overtire yourself Kid," Lorelai warned, "But we will be thrilled to be here for you and I'm happy to help in any way I can!"

"You can count me in too Rory," Luke added when he could finally get a word in."I'm very happy for you and Logan!"

"Thanks everyone... " Rory replied. "We decided on Saturday 4th February, so lock that into your calendars..... and yes Gigi I would love it if you would be one of my bridesmaids.... I'll be 20 weeks pregnant by then but hopefully won't look like too much of a whale in my dress!"

"I'm just going to call Miss Celine to see if she's free.... Rory you will look wonderful! Miss Celine will have just the right style of dress for you... there's no need for you to feel like a whale! I'm happy to cover all of her expenses... so you won't need to worry about a thing!" Emily assured Rory as she stood and left the table.

"Oh thank you Grandma... that would be really great!" Rory exclaimed gratefully. "She did such a great job with styling you for your vow renewal and Mom for her wedding... I would have a lot of confidence in her!"

Rory spent time with both of her parents making preliminary lists of relatives who would need to be invited. She thoroughly enjoyed the time with them! Christopher took her aside and told her he had just made a bank transfer so she would have sufficient funds to get started on her plans for the big day. She couldn't believe how generous he was but was happy that it brought him satisfaction to be able to be part of her life in this way.

At Logan's house, his nephews were happily playing with their Christmas presents so he and Honor finally had time to talk. Like Rory, he had announced their wedding date over breakfast and everyone was delighted!

"I'm really proud of you little brother," Honour began. "You know for what it's worth, I think you did the right thing standing up to Dad like that. Yes, it's made my life a nightmare but hopefully it's only temporary. I am so over the way that business always has to come first! Mom and Dad have only ever made themselves available for two of the boys birthdays! I practically have to make an appointment two months in advance to see them! It's not normal and I don't want my children to be affected by them any longer.  Josh and I are looking at moving up here as soon as he can get a transfer!"