Chapter 12: Evening Walk

"That sounds serious Finn....go ahead....what's the problem?" Logan asked having no idea what his friend could possibly have to tell him.

"Well firstly," Finn began, "The reason I'm in Maine is that I have just bought into my cousin's paper, The York Weekly, so I flew in to meet the staff and I was very surprised to see ....."

"...Let me guess.....Rory....yes I knew she had recently started there....I'm so pleased she has a job! I didn't realise Matt Morgan was related to you Finn! I'm really surprised!" Logan said hoping that Matt's reputation with women was not like his cousin's since he imagined he would be spending a lot of time with Rory.

"Okay so you already knew about the job....," Finn clarified, more than surprised.

"Yes Finn and I hadn't mentioned to you guys that Rory ended up taking the key to my house up there .......she needed somewhere to write and the house was sitting there empty.....I'm happy she can make use of it! ......Everything is working out well for Rory from what I hear and I think she is going well with her writing......" Logan said still wondering what Finn's point was.

"So you've spoken with Rory recently?" Finn questioned his friend not sure of how to broach the topic of Rory's possible pregnancy.

"Yes I spoke with her the other night....why?" Logan was getting impatient.

"Did she seem well to you?" Finn asked, starting to feel very sweaty.

Logan's brow crinkled as he thought back to their conversation that was cut short by Odette. "Yes .....Rory seemed fine to me....is there something wrong Finn? Is there something she isn't telling me? She's not sick is she?"

"I just think you need to ask her....that's all I'm going to say....." Finn said at last, deciding it was not his place to betray any confidences.

"So you have spent some time with Rory then?" Logan asked desperately wanting more information.

"Yes there was a staff dinner last night.....just as the storm broke...." Finn replied.

"And did she seem okay then?" Logan asked.

"Well....yes....but then ...." Finn hesitated not wanting to lie.

"Go on Finn....what happened?" Logan asked getting more impatient by the minute.

"....She passed out...." Finn said closing his eyes and hoping he wasn't doing the wrong thing by letting Logan know this detail.

"So where is she now? Did she go to the hospital? How long was she out for? Have they done any tests? Do they know what could have caused it?" Logan fired question after question, obviously very concerned.

"Calm down Logan she seems fine today.....the storm was really bad here....I drove her home to your place but the roads were too bad and so I stayed overnight....to keep an eye on her.....a doctor checked her out at the restaurant and advised her to see her general practitioner in the next couple of days.....apparently her blood pressure was low.....that's all I know..." Finn explained.

"So do you think it's serious like something that's going to be ongoing?" Logan asked not satisfied with his friend's answers.

"I really don't know Logan...but perhaps she would tell you...just don't mention that I said anything," Finn pleaded anxious to remain close to Rory. He was feeling exhausted and hoped that was the end of Logan's questioning.