Chapter 3: Settling In

After eating a large serve of homemade lasagne with tater tots on the side, Rory sat by the fire and flicked on the TV.  She was thrilled to see that there was an excellent DVD collection which contained many of her favourites. Selecting The Holiday, she was glad to lay back in the comfortable armchair with her feet up. She felt incredibly tired but was determined to watch this movie. Rory had always loved watching movies where people fell in love and had their 'happily ever after' ending. As she listened to the waves pounding on the rocks outside, she wondered if she would ever have her happy ending.

With her hand on her tummy, Rory wondered what it was going to be like to feel her baby move. She was kind of excited but scared at the thought that something was growing inside of her and very soon she would be growing too! Her body already felt different and she couldn't believe that all of this had happened so quickly. She just wished that she could share everything with Logan!

Again Rory ran through the different scenarios that involved telling Logan that she was carrying his child. Her thoughts were all over the place!

"If I tell him now," Rory thought out loud, "it will cause such a drama because of the 'Dynastic Plan' ....it would be in the media and be a catastrophe for his family and Odette's, not to mention mine! Also it's not fair when their wedding is only weeks away.....if Logan had wanted me, he would have fought to be with me! This marriage means so much to him and his family, I can't be the one to bring it undone.....all because I skipped a couple of birth control pills!

".........If I wait and tell him later, he might be really angry with me for keeping something like this from him.....I remember Luke was hurt when he found out he had a daughter and he had missed so many years .....so maybe Logan shouldn't ever find out and then he won't be hurt.....

"If I never tell him he's the father, he can live his life, have children with Odette and be happy....I can bring this child up like Mom brought me up.....we were okay....the only problem would be if it were obvious the baby was a Huntzburger....then we would need to move far away.....I really don't have any options left but I guess I'll just take one day at a time and be grateful I have this place to live in....at least for now....

"I really won't be able to go on living here too long....In spite of my feelings, I have to do the right thing and let him go....it's the only way.....All of this spoiling is lovely but it's very confusing ......I'll find somewhere to rent once I get some income...I really must apply for that job in the morning....My priority is to provide well for this little one...."

Not realising how tired she was, Rory fell asleep on the couch and was upset that she ended up missing the end to her movie. Waking in time for the closing credits, she turned out the lights and went upstairs. Rory quickly prepared herself for bed, feeling like royalty as she used the well appointed en-suite then jumped into her luxurious bed. She didn't recall ever feeling so relaxed as she listened to the gentle rhythm of the waves and quickly fell asleep.

Waking late, Rory recalled the special time she had with Logan over the phone, when she had moved in the previous day.  His thoughtful gifts had really touched her heart. She realised that it would possibly be many years before a man might spoil her again, remembering that she was in her teens before her mom tried dating.

"The only problem is that I will be old by then...Mom was 16 years younger than me so she was still attractive....but I can't think about that now....I have to live in the present!" Rory concluded before getting out of bed to check out the view.

The sun was shining and the water was a brighter shade of blue than when she had arrived the previous day. She wasn't feeling too affected by morning sickness, so Rory decided to dress and go for a walk around the grounds and along the oceanfront. Stopping by the kitchen, she grabbed some pastries that Bella had left and headed out in the cool morning air.