Chapter 2 - A Detour

We kept walking through the slime woods.

David looked at me and asked "so how did you fall down there in the first place?"

I looked at him and said "I don't know..", and it was true. I had absolutely no idea how I had gotten down there.

Maybe I fell from the battle of inkopolis? I couldn't be sure. Maybe when we got there I would remember more? Like, some sort of flashback or memory?

We would have to actually get there first to understand.

We continued to walk for a little while longer, and I kept thinking about who I could have been before I was put in that test chamber.

We kept walking for a little bit longer when we got to something.. kind of confusing..

There was a relatively big hole in the ground, with a smaller hole in the middle that looked like it would go down forever..

There were other Inklings and a single Octoling looking down into the hole.

There was a fence blocking me from going in to the big hole, and I didn't want to break any rules, so I didn't cross over.

David, however..

He just jumped over like nothing was there! He walked down closer to the hole and started talking to the Octoling.

I couldn't hear the conversation, and I didn't want to be seen either. I mean, what if I used to be some sort of criminal or something? I wouldn't want to be caught or something.

David continued talking to the Octoling and at one point he looked at me and pointed at me, and the Octoling looked up at me and waved..

Then he got a confused look on his face.

He started coming up the hole and I yelped. I didn't want to be seen! That confused look might've meant: "Wait? Is that that one criminal octo?"

I bolted away, leaving David to eat my dust.

"Wait, come back!" I heard a call before the voice completely faded out of earshot.

I ran and ran so far that I didn't even know where I was anymore.. David had been my only way of getting around.. and I had ditched him..

I was such an idiot.

I guess there was only one thing I could do.

I could still see the top of inkopolis, so I figure I should just continue moving towards it.

I really hoped I would find David along the way, but I couldn't be sure.

I started to walk towards inkopolis, but it felt like I was getting nowhere. I really wish there was a faster way of getting to inkopolis.

The only thing I could do is keep walking. This would probably take days to just walk all the way to inkopolis.

I started to walk again and it still felt like I was getting nowhere. Nowhere at all.

I kept walking for a little while and multiple times I felt like I had some sort of connection with this place, like, super weird.

And that guy from before was bugging me. Who was he? Why'd he come towards me and call me out?

Why did David tell him about me? Why'd I leave him in the first place?

I should have just stayed with him, I feel so stupid.. I continued to walk and soon I was at some sort of path.

I could no longer see the tip of the top of inkopolis, so I thought to myself for a bit. Should I follow this path? Maybe it will lead me to inkopolis. That would be good if it did.

Yeah, I'm following the path.

Hopefully it'll lead me to inkopolis.

And hopefully I'll find David..