Chapter 6 - Memories

I dashed towards the building I had seen Cody get dragged into. I was going to save him.

The door had already been locked, so I didn't have any option but the window.

I ran at the window and when I was close enough I jumped and dived through the window.

I was in a pretty dark empty room. There was literally nothing around except a staircase that lead higher up the building.

I started climbing it.

I got up and I was in a big dark room.. in the middle of the room was Cody.. and a crap ton of mechalings.

Cody was strapped to a large board in the middle of the room.

The mechalings looked at me for a couple seconds and then turned away, completely ignoring me. They looked down at Cody and one of them raised its arm.

In its hand was a syringe with a red liquid inside it. I started to run at the mechaling but I was too late.

The mechaling swung its arm down and jabbed the syringe straight into Cody's chest.

He was in pain, I could see it..

Then the mechalings started shaking and one of them blew up. They all blew up and it was just Cody and I in the room.

I looked at him and that's when something strange happened...

His tentacles on his head started getting smaller.. they started changing from a dark purple to a lighter brown..

It went on until he didn't have tentacles anymore.. his eyes went from purple to green.

He looked at me in fear.

"I'm.. I'm.. no.. nonono.. this can't be happening.. HOW IS THIS HAPPENING?!" He exclaimed.

I stepped back in shock. What the hell was he? I had never seen this thing before...

And then I blacked out.

——————————————————

I was in a canyon that looked similar to the one I had woken up in.. but it wasn't the one I had woken up in.

It was different.. it looked newer than the one I had woken up in and I was behind some large rocks..

I couldn't control myself.. i looked to the right.. and then to the left.. except I wasn't moving my head.. it was like I was some sort of robot that didn't have any control over themselves.. like I was being controlled by a remote or something.

Finally my head stopped moving and my eyes focused on a thing in the distance. It wasn't moving. It was just sitting there like a log or a boulder.

I started to walk towards it. I walked until I was standing right over it. I looked down and said one word.

"Boy."

——————————————————

"V! V!"

I woke up to the thing shaking me awake. I looked up at him and yelped. It was the thing that had taken Cody's place after he had been injected with the syringe.

I crawled away and backed up against a wall. "Wha..what are you?" I asked him.

He looked hurt.

"I'm.. I am a human.. we walked the earth before inklings and octolings.. I was the last of my kind, until I was bit by a snake-like creature that transformed me into an octoling.

I looked at him.

"But how? How are you a human again?" I asked.

"I.. I don't know, but we don't have time for this. The explody dudes might be coming back.. we have to fight them off."

——————————————————

ɥǝʎ ǝʌǝɹʎouǝ ı ɥodǝ ʎon lıʞǝ ɯʎ ǝdıɔ  ɔɥɐdʇǝɹ ƃoopqʎǝ ı'ɯ uoʇ ɹǝƃɹǝʇʇıuƃ ʍɹıʇıuƃ ʇɥıs ndsıpǝ poʍu.

yeah i can't read it
either