"mike!" she whisper shouted, "what?" he asked innocently, "no."

"please? i haven't seen you in.." he counted his fingers, "like one month, three days and seven hours! can't you just stay with me tonight?"

el smiled at his dorky ways, "no." she repeated, "fine. guess i'll just have to bring you up there myself," he shrugged, "wh-"

before she could speak mike lifted her off the ground and carried her up to his room. he closed the door with his foot and put her down on his bed. "wow look at you, finally able to pick me up?" she teased, "be quiet. i've been preparing for such a situation." he huffed, el lifted her eyebrows, "oh have you?"

mike mumbled a yes before placing his lips on hers once again. el played along for a few seconds before pushing at his shoulder. "can we go to sleep? we can kiss later."

"yes yes, sorry. just missed you." el laughed, "me too." she scooted over on his bed and waited for him to lay next to her. when he did el cuddled close to him and rested her head on his shoulder. "night el."

"night mike.." she mumbled, her eyes fluttering shut and she fell asleep quickly.

*

though it was christmas time, mike still wanted his alone time with el. even if the holiday was meant to be spent with your family but mike couldn't care less. the next day he planned to take el out and go ice skating. he knew neither of them knew how to do it but it would be fun to try it out.

he already told his mom beforehand so he had the go ahead. the couple spent most of the day with will and the rest of their friends but the time finally came when mike was planning to take el out. they both sat in mike's room when he suddenly got up and pulled el with him. "where are we going?" el asked as he pulled her down the stairs. "we're going on a date." he shrugged like it was obvious. "at 7 at night?"

"yes now grab your hat and coat." he instructed. el did what she was told and followed him out to the garage when she was done. mike turned the heat on in the car and pulled out of the driveway.

"can you tell me where we're going?" el pleaded, "nope. it's a surprise."

about a half an hour passed when they finally arrived  to the ice skating rink. "what is it?" el asked as she got out of the car to look at it. "it's an ice skating rink."

"a what?"

"you'll see." mike laced their fingers together and they walked towards the ice. there was a little station where you could rent ice skates, the two found their shoe size and put the boots on. el started laughing when mike tried to stand up but miserably failed. el tied the shoe laces and then tried to stand up, turns out trying to balance yourself on two skinny blades wasn't the easiest thing.

but the two finally got the hang of it, and by hanging on to each other they made it to the small ice rink. their warm breaths puffed out in front of them in small white clouds which fascinated el. "you know," el started, "coming here is probably going to embarrass the hell out of us."

"i don't care, as long as i get some selfish alone time with you." mike winked, el giggled, "your so stupid."

"oh well, looks like you have to stick with me for a little longer." el looked at mike, "so what do we do exactly?" she asked looking at all of the other people gliding on the ice easily. mike shrugged, "i'll try first and then help you get on," he said, mike grabbed onto the railing and stepped out onto the ice. he almost fell over but he grabbed onto the wall before any damage could be done.