Chapter 21- Who will it be?

Thanks to everyone who's been reading! Dedicated to bookey!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 21- Who will it be?

Vivian opened the door to reveal Cameron who flashed me a shy smile. I crossed my arms over my chest and turned my back to him so that I was facing my window.

            “I’ll… leave you two alone,” Vivian said sensing the tension and leaving.

            I heard Cameron walking towards me. “Cleo sent me as the scapegoat,” I heard him say, a hint of humour in his voice.  He had walked around my bed and sat on the windowsill so that he was facing me. “Look. I’m sorry,” he said genuinely, his intense look melting my sullen one.

            I looked away, still not saying anything.

            He sighed. “It’s just that,” he stopped and looked away.

            I turned back to him. “Just what?” I asked softly, now curious.

            “I like you,” he whispered so quietly I thought my mind was playing tricks on me.

            “You what?” I asked, surprised.

            “I like you,” he repeated louder. “I, Cameron Westfall IV li- like you Jadelynn Berkshire,” he said in one big breath.

             “Li- like? What does that mean?” I teased.

            He gave me a boyish smile. “It means,” he said walking over to me. “I’d like to kiss you,” he replied gently pushing me onto the bed and crashing his lips into mine.

            I savoured the kiss and just as I was starting to give in to the overwhelmingly sweet feeling of feeling loved, my door swung open once again. I reluctantly pulled away from the kiss and turned back to look at the door.

            “Will?” I asked, once again completely confused. He stood before me, slightly out of breath, with an unreadable look in his eyes. He was still in his light green hospital gown with an IV attached to his arm and the drip not too far behind him. Will clenched his jaw and I felt Cameron tense up on top of me. I gently pushed Cameron off of me and stood up. “Well?” I asked.

            Will walked into the room with some difficulty, the drip rolling behind him. He stopped when he reached the bed.

            “Can we have a moment alone?” he said seriously, looking straight at me and holding the drip for support.

            I looked at Cameron, nonverbally asking him to leave. He clenched his fists, but did as I’d asked, but not before taking one last look at me.

            Will and I were alone in my pink and black themed room. He was on one side of my bed, staring at me, supporting himself with the drip and I was on the other side, staring right back.

            He looked down. “I’m sorry… I’ve been a jerk and I’m sorry,” he said softly, looking up at me. “I thought I had to let you go because I love you and you deserve better, but when you came to see me, I realized that that was stupid. I was meant to fight for you. So here I am making an idiot of myself trying to fight for you and I hope you still feel the same way I do.” He swallowed through his clenched jaws. I could tell that expressing his emotions like this was hard for him, but I was happy that he made the effort. I let out the breath that I’d been holding in and I walked around the bed to hug him.