Chapter 28- Goodbye

Dedicated to Sabella_17 for reading this far! Thank you!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 28- Goodbye

Will's POV   

        I looked down at Jade. She looked so peaceful sleeping next to me. Her almost dirty blonde hair smelled of vanilla. Somewhere between me pouring out my soul to her and us making love in this hospital bed, I realized something: There were so many things I still needed to figure out. I needed to let go of Sarah. Even as Jade snuggled closer to me in her sleep, she reminded me of Sarah. Sadly, she was reminding me more and more of the fragile, broken Sarah than the happy, crazy Sarah. Although Jade didn't say anything, I could tell that she was carrying a weight on her shoulder, and I wasn't ready to help her carry it yet. What kind of boyfriend can I be to her? I wondered.

        The more I thought about it, the more I realized I needed to fix myself before I could be with her. Jade deserved at least that, didn't she? She wanted someone who would love her to the fullest, but I couldn't do that when Sarah and her smile were still on my mind. Talking about her did nothing but bring up the memories I'd tried so hard to repress.

        I stroked Jade's soft hair and kissed her on the forehead. She smiled and murmured 'And you're so hot,' in her sleep, making me smile. I gently took her arm off my stomach and slid off the narrow hospital bed, making sure her head rested on one of the soft pillows. I quietly and quickly got dressed, praying that when Jade woke up, she would not hold this against me. I ripped off a piece of paper from the clipboard at the foot of the hospital bed and wrote Jade a little note explaining myself.

        I put the note on my pillow, pulled the blanket up to her chin, and gave Jade one last kiss on the forehead. "I love you," I whispered, not sure if I'd even see her again. I took one last look at the room where I'd lived for the past few weeks. The plain white walls, the large window with the blinds that were not very good at keep out the morning rays, the bed on which Jade now peacefully slept, the small TV across from it and the round white table below it with a single red rose in a vase.

        I smiled at the "Do Not Disturb" sign we had put on the door before closing it and making my way out of the hospital. I was surprised to see Cameron in the hallway, which was lined with doors and stretchers. I had intended on just walking by him, but he stopped me.

        "Where are you going?" he asked stiffly. He crossed his arms over his chest.

        "None of your business," I replied, making sure to make eye contact. He didn't intimidate me. "The better question is what are you doing here?"

        "I'm looking for Jade. In 10 hours, her dad will file a missing persons report and I knew she'd be here because she sees something in you," he spat. "Now answer the question, where are you going?"

        "Like I said, none of your business," I growled.

         "Does Jade know about this?" he asked, stepping in front of me.

        "Not yet and I'd like to keep it that way," I retorted pushing past him. He followed me out of the hospital and got in front of me.

        "You're running? Don't be a twat! Face her!" he barked menacingly as he pushed me.

        I pushed him back. "You think it's that simple? That I'm running from Jade?" I shouted. "You don't know a damn thing about me!"

        His face started redden in all his angry. "Oh yea?! I know that you've hurt Jade and that you're about to do it again!"

        That struck a nerve. For some reason, it made me insanely angry. I punched him and then wrestled him to the ground. "I'm not hurting her!" I yelled.

        "Then what are you doing?" he asked, narrowing his blue eyes at me. A big blue bruise was starting form around his eye and he used my moment of thought to headbutt me. I fell back and he got on top of me to throw a punch. "That is for being a prick."

        I sat up. "Alright, I deserve that," I replied, trying to ignore my throbbing eye.

        He nodded and sat on the curb. I sat next to him, knowing that tomorrow morning we would both have matching black eyes. "I'm trying to be the guy Jade deserves OK. I have some sh*t I need to deal with. Until then I'll never really be with her, you know?" I explained.

        He nodded his head. "I know how you feel." We sat in a comfortable silence for a bit. I looked up at the starless night sky. The streetlamps and the hospital sign cast light on us.

        "You know I'm going to use this chance?" he smirked.

        I laughed and gave him dap. "I wouldn't expect anything else. You know you're not so bad."

        He laughed at that. "Right back at you mate.... So are you skipping town?"

        "Yea, I'm leaving tonight. Maybe I'll be back, maybe I won't. Either way, you take care of her, OK?"

        "Don't worry mate." From the look in his eyes, I knew I could count on him for that. "You need a ride?" he asked.

        "No, I had my motorcycle brought to the hospital," I replied, getting up. I nodded him a goodbye and made my way to my black motorcycle.

        I put on my helmet and drove off into the night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:O How do you think Jade will react? What do you think? Is it cute? or is it a total jerk move?

Team Cameron or Team Will? Feel free to leave a comment- I love those! Next chapter will be up sometime this weekend, hopefully.

COMMOTE!

Stay perfectly bad, xo