Chapter 14- The Party

Chapter 14

            “Jade! There you are! Ashley’s been fuming about how you’re crashing the party all morning,” Vivian said completely ignoring Rosie and dragging me off. I mouthed her a “sorry” as Vivian took me to my locker. I guess I’m not gonna find out what Rosie was gonna tell me anytime soon. “So, I heard you’re going to the party with Cameron? What’s that about?” she asked, ready to get the scoop.

            “Nothing,” I said.

            “Is that really all you’re going to tell me? No elaborate plan?”

            “You’ll see,” I smirked.

            She rolled her eyes. “I knew it! OK, but I want the full details tomorrow morning.”

            “Tomorrow morning?”

            “Yea, I’m sleeping over. We have some ambassador guests and my parents would not be pleased if I come home drunk in the early hours of the morning,” she grinned. “It’s not classy.”

            I laughed along with her. She was actually pretty cool if you put aside the fact that she was friends with Ashley.

            “What’s so funny, Jade?” Alice asked. “Is it your face? ‘Cuz that one never gets old.”

            “What do you want, Ali?”

            “Nothing. Just wanted to tell you I have a date with Mr. Lawson,” she beamed.

            “Who?” I asked, confused.

            “Bradley Cooper look-a-like,” she replied rolling her eyes.

            “Don’t you have any friends to gloat to?”

            “So immature, but even you can’t ruin my day,” she said walking off.

            It was my turn to roll my eyes and as if on cue, the bell signaling break was over rang.

            I strolled into English class and took a seat next to Rosie. I was ready to grill her about what she meant, when Sebastian sat next to her. Just my luck. The rest of English was boring and I couldn’t ask Rosie during Bio because we had to do a gross pig dissection. Revolting cannot begin to describe how that felt and smelled. The fact that I was paired with Will did not help. He kept smiling at me and trying to talk to me, like he hadn’t left me stranded at the beach just the day before.

            “Come on Jade. Talk to me.”

            “Fine. I’m not touching that thing,” I gagged. “It smells insanely bad.”

            “No, like why are you pissed at me?”

            “I’m not.”

            “OK, I’m not an idiot. When you get pissed, you sort of ignore me or give me really short answers and you give me that scowl,” he said trying to get a smile out of me.

            I admit I was scowling, but he had no right to analyze me. “Figure it out,” I retorted, walking out of the class.

            “Ms. Berkshire, you can’t just leave!” Mrs. Wallace yelled after me, but I didn’t care.

            “I think my cornea is bleeding!” I yelled back, not really caring whether or not that made sense. I rushed to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. Maybe I should’ve told Will and given him a chance to explain himself, a part of me said, but the other part said, That’s what you’ve said all the other times. You are Jadelynn Genevieve Berkshire, not play thing #1. You’ve let so many good guys go because of him. Be fantabulous! I smiled at the stupid war that was going on in my head for the billionth time. Go through with it, I told myself.