Chapter 4- It's kind of a funny story...

I'm so sorry, I know I said I'd upload yesterday, but this is a longer chapter to make up for that :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 4

        If that wasn’t bad enough, other people were starting to take pictures on their cell phones.

        “I didn’t know you were so forward,” Cameron smirked.

        I climbed off of him and ignored his comment. Instead of running in shame like Ashley wanted me to, I posed for the people taking pictures. If they wanted a show, they were going to get a show. I wasn’t embarrassed by my body and I sure as hell wasn’t going to give Ashley the satisfaction of humiliating me.

        A thwarted Ashley threw my uniform to the floor while an embarrassed Sebastian, who had just stepped onto the scene, picked the uniform up, tossed it to me and shielded me, all the while yelling “All right people. Move it along.”

        I put on my uniform grateful for the human shield. I turned around to thank Sebastian, but he was already gone.

        The loud chatter of the cafeteria was comforting because it reminded me that I was in a school and not in a ward full of control-crazed bitches; that and the boys whistling when I walked into the seating area of the cafeteria. I scanned the room for a seat. Vivian waved me over, but I ignored her and opted for an empty table to eat my fries and turkey burger.

        Vivian immediately came to my table and sat next to me. “I waved, but you didn’t see me,” she smiled.

        “I saw you. I just ignored you,” I replied not even looking up. I was formulating a plan as to how I could get back at Ashley.

            Vivian flared her nostrils, obviously not used to being ignored. “Well, I just wanted to say, you handled the prank nicely and I think there’s a space for you at our table.”

            I smiled at her. She was just giving me the perfect opportunity to start my revenge. “Sure, I’ll sit at your little table.”

            Vivian smiled and led me to her table. “Guys, guess who’s sitting with us. Jadelynn!” she gushed. “Ashley, move over, so Jadelynn can sit next to me.”

            The look on Ashley’s face at that moment was priceless and I soaked in every second of it as Ashley reluctantly moved over and I took her spot.

            “A burger and fries? Can you say fatty?” Ashley sneered taking a bite of her salad.

            “Fatty!” Preston said. Everyone, except Ashley, cracked a smile.

            “Unlike some of us, I don’t need to be on a diet,” I retorted taking a bite of my burger. Cameron sniggered.

            “Is something funny?” Ashley snapped.

            “Yes, it is. She’s done what’s taken you 2 years to achieve in 1 day. She’s sitting at our table, talking to us, she’s made a name for herself and she’s witty.” Who would have thought that Cameron would put the icing on the cake.

Me- 4. Ashley-3.

            Ashley shut her mouth and glared at Cameron. She muttered, “I’ll get you for this,” under her breath.