Chapter 2- First day of hell

Chapter 2

        I woke up with mixed feelings. I was ready to put Ashley in her place, but I was also nervous about the new school. Being the new girl was so not fun. I calmed my nerves with a warm shower and came back to a freshly ironed uniform sitting on my chair and a page with my school address, home address, dad's number, Kristen's number and Jeffrey's number. Beside the list was a hot pink iPhone with my name on the back and my car keys. I changed into the drab uniform which consisted of a red and navy plaid thigh length skirt, a white dress shirt, a navy vest and a red tie. I opened up a few buttons of the dress shirt, loosely put on my tie and stuffed my vest in my oversized bag. To top it off, I put on some red lipstick that just made my whole look pop. Satisfied with my appearance, I made my way downstairs to breakfast.

         As soon as Kristen saw me, she dropped her cup of tea.

        "You like?" I smiled twirling. Paige's eyes sparkled and she nodded in agreement.

        "Jadelynn, dearest, maybe you should wear your uniform more like Ashley," Kristen said.

        I looked at Ashley's perfectly adorned uniform. She even had a matching headband in her dark brown hair.

        "Look sweeties, I've got to go," my dad said kissing Kristen on the forehead and ruffling Paige's hair before he hurriedly left the room.

        "I think I'll skip out on the whole preppy look," I smiled grabbing a waffle.

        A maid came in and started cleaning up the shards of the broken glass.

        "That wasn't really a suggestion," Kristen said more sternly.

        "Either way, I'm not changing," I informed her, not even taking the time to look at her.

        "Look here, missy. Your father's not here, so I don't have to be all sun shiney to you. I will not have you going to school looking like, cover your ears Paige, a slag."

        "I do not look like whatever a slag is. I just spiced up the bland uniform. My skirt's the same length as Ashley's and my boobs aren't popping out of my shirt."

        "I will not have you disrespect-"

        "I'm sorry to cut you short, but I don't want to be late," I said unapologetically, leaving the room and sparing myself a lecture. I went to the garage and fell in love with my hot pink Lamborghini with pink rims. "Oh yea!" I yelled getting into my new car. I put my school's address in the GPS and drove there.

        I pulled into a huge school and when I say huge I mean HUGE! I had to give my name to a tough-looking security guard to get past the tall black iron gates. It even had electric barbed wire over the high stone walls. I guess they didn't want anyone looking in on their poshness.

            "When you go to the reception, you'll need to get your ID. You'll need it to get into the school in the future," the security guard said. He had a gruff voice, a heavy Irish accent and was very, VERY buff. I drove into the school and searched for a parking space amongst the Aston Martins, the Bugattis and Ferraris. I was glad when I finally found a parking spot near the front of the school. I was about to park when a cherry red Aston Martin quickly pulled up into the space, essentially cutting me off. I exasperatedly honked my horn.

        A blonde guy walked out the car and asked, "Is there a problem?"

        "No shit Sherlock. I was about to park there."