Chapter 23- Blame it on the Lemonade

A/N: Sorry this took forever. Hope you can enjoy it anyways!

Chapter 23- Blame it on the Lemonade

          “So now I have to be perfectly good,” I finished, taking a sip of the lemonade I had found in the fridge.

“Wait. Your Nana makes bets?” Cleo exclaimed completely excited. She bounced up and down on my bed.

            I furrowed my eyebrows at her. “Did you not listen to a thing I’ve said?!”

            “Yea, yea, yea. You gotta be good or you’ll get sent to Bowick Academy and now Ashley knows; but seriously, your Nana is so cool!

            I face-palmed. “You see no problem with this?”

            She shook her head. “Oh Jade. Silly, silly Jade. Do you really think Ashley can get you? Especially when I’m here?”

            “It’s not Ashley I’m worried about! It’s my grandmother! And why do you call her Nana?”

            “Why not call her Nana?” she replied. “Besides, your Nana is so cool! Mine is all lame. All she does is sit and nag about my dad’s new wives and eat tapioca.”

            I sighed and fell back onto my bed. “I am so done for.”

            “Jade. Do not even worry. I got this. In me, you can put your trust,” she beamed, falling back beside me. “We just need to get them before they get you.”

            My frown turned into a smirk. “I like the way you-”

            Find light in the beautiful sea/ I choose to be happy/ You and I/ You and I/ We’re like, my phone went off signaling I had a call.

            “Two seconds,” I told Cleo, reaching out to grab my phone from my nightstand. A humongous expectant grin crept onto Cleo’s face as I picked up the phone.

            “Hey Will!” I smiled, biting my pink lip much to Cleo’s disappointment which she showed by frowning and letting out a loud sigh.

            “Hey Jade. What’s my princess up to?”

            “Oh nothing, just thinking of ways not to get sent to some remote, horror movie type boarding school on an island. You?” I asked, laying back down and smiling into the phone.

            “Hmm. That sounds like nothing at all,” he teased. “I’m doing the usual. Trying to recover from my stab wound in spite of the complications, but is there anything I can do to help?”

            I pouted before realizing Will couldn’t see me through the phone. “Aww, I’m so sorry about the complications. That’s all my fault. If you hadn’t come to win me back, you probably would’ve healed by now.”

            “Don’t worry about it. I would do it a million times over if I had to.”

            “You’re so sweet.”

            “And you’re amazing.”

            “And you’re handsome.”

            “And you’re beautiful.”

            “And I’m gonna puke,” Cleo loudly announced.

            “Hi Cleo!” Will yelled through the phone making me smile.

            “Will says hi,” I passed on.

            Cleo made a face and mouthed, “Not sexually stable!” before going to pick up a magazine.

            I rolled my eyes at her. “She says hi and she hopes you get better soon.”

            “Really?” he asked, completely surprised.

            “No, but she wanted to.”

            “Uh huh.” I could hear the grin forming. “Now how can I help you not get sent off to remote, horror movie school?”

            “By getting better!” I smiled.

            “I can do that.”

            “Now get some rest. I’ll visit you tomorrow.”

            “I can’t wait, princess.”

            “Goodnight Prince Charming,” I beamed hanging up the phone.

            Cleo made a puking face. “OK. Back to business.”

            “Yes ma’am. What’s our attack?”

            “We can’t attack. They’ll just use that against us. We have to defend and outsmart them.”

                                                                  ~~~

            “Shh! She’ll wake up,” a voice hushed.

            “She’s out cold. She drank a whole glass of the lemonade,” another whispered.

            At first I thought this was a dream, but it didn’t feel like it. The surface I was lying on didn’t feel as warm as my bed.

            “Are you sure this is gonna work?” a third asked.

            “Of course,” the first voice said.

            I tried to open my eyes when my groggy mind finally recognized the voice, but my eyelids were so heavy and I was so tired. That was Porscha’s voice! But I couldn’t keep awake long enough to find out what was going on.

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is Porscha up to? Will this be the end of Jade? Do you like Jade and Will?

SORRY FOR THE WAIT BTW

COMMOTE

Stay perfectly good,

xo