Who are you?

Chapter twenty-three - Who are you?

Peter blearily opened his eyes. What was going on? He glanced around his room, no not his room, not his room. He was in a cell-like room, with grey walls bars on the minuscule window and an iron door is what decorated the cold space. He also happened to be shackled to the ceiling by his wrists, he was wearing a grey jumpsuit and his backpack and suit were gone.

He sighed, and closed his eyes and then everything hit him like a wrecking ball. Shit, he swore in his head. His feet couldn't touch the floor and his wrists were aching. How could he warn them? MJ, Ned, the Avengers, his family? He had to get out of here.

He swung his legs causing the shackles to creak. He pulled down hard only succeeding in hurting his bruised wrists even more. He groaned as he struggled, the shackles screeching and grinding in protest. As he was just about to give up someone kicked open the cell door.

 As he was just about to give up someone kicked open the cell door

MJ was scared. That's not something she is often but for one of the first time's in her life she was absolutely terrified. She was sitting in Peters room, on her phone reloading WhatsApp, messages, emails, the news, anything, anything that would give her an indication that Peter was okay. 

He was Spiderman. He had to be okay. He needed to be okay.

Nervously she picked at the skin around her fingernails. Her hair was a mess, and there were large bags under her puffy red eyes. She was sure the rest of his family looked the same. She supposed that comforted her. Suddenly she heard a loud ping coming from her phone. Her fingers shook as she opened the phone, 'Could it be-?' she thought. She opened her message app. It was from, 

Peter?

<Spidey>

Michelle Jones. 

Wait a sec, that didn't look like how Peter usually wrote, he always ended his messages with plenty of emojis and stickers. She contemplated returning a message but eventually decided to first call someone she trusted.  

Ring...

"Hello MJ." Natasha's staticky voice called out recognizing the number.

"Hey, Natasha," MJ answered fiddling with the hem on her shirt. 

"What's wrong MJ?" She asked picking up on the slight panic in MJ's voice. 

"I just got a message from Peter's phone, I don't think it's actually him though," MJ said.

There was a long pause. 

"I'm on my way." Natasha finally answered. 

 MJ nodded, then realized that Natasha wouldn't be able to see that so she quickly hung up. She clicked back to Peters chat. 

There was a new message underneath the old one. 

<Spidey>

Michelle Jones.