How hard can it be to find a 3-year-old in New York?

Chapter thirteen - How hard can it be to find a 3-year-old in New York?

Loki stared for a few moments longer at the open window as he digested what had happened. Peter was most definitely gone. He leaned out of the window gently fingering the sticky substance. It stuck to his fingers and prevented him from moving his hand. As he tried to get his hand off with his left hand it also got stuck. He then leaned back as far as he could go but he was stuck. Very stuck. So he just decided to wait there, the rest would figure out that he was missing after a while, so they would just arrive. Sure enough about half an hour later Natasha traipsed in rubbing the sleep from her eyes. To see a very stuck Loki and a wide open window.

"Loki? What's going on?" She saw his helpless state and the weird stringy stuff and immediately grabbed one of her trusty daggers and began sawing at the odd material.

<a few moments later>

Natasha managed to cut up the last pieces of string holding Loki,

"Thank you, Spy of Russia." Loki said softly rubbing his wrists.

"No, it's fine. Now we have to find the others." She said. He nodded firmly and they both moved towards the hallway.

That morning Tony had woken up in a bad mood, why? Well, that was a good question he didn't know the answer to. He had just woken up looked out the window and felt like crap, the sun had been shining, the breeze had been breezing the fvcking birds had been singing like in a fvcking Disney film but no, he was still in a bad mood and when Loki and Natasha walked into the room he was still in a bad mood unknowing that his mood was about to get a whole lot worse.

"Hey, Tony, we might have a slight problem..." Natasha said trailing off when she saw his grumpy face.

"Who got out on the wrong side of the bed this morning?" Clint asked as he slipped in after Loki to sit at the breakfast table. "I want waffles, by the way." He continued.

"Guys-" Natasha began again.

"POPTARTS!" Thor battle cried as they saw practically fly himself into the kitchen with his hammer in front.

"Guys!" Natasha said.

"Granola for me,"Bruce said as he walked into the kitchen holding a huge stack of notes.

"Guys?!" Natasha repeated, once again ignored by Loki this time,

"I would also like waffles, by the way, Peter is gone," Loki said calmly as he reached over for the plate of steaming waffles in Clint's hand.

"WHAT?!" Everybody shouted turning to Natasha,

"Yes, that is what I was TRYING to tell you, thank you Loki." She said letting out an exasperated sigh. Loki nodded his mouth full.

"What? He's g-g-gone? Ag-g-gain?" Tony asked stuttering.

"Well, the first time he wasn't actually gone, he was in the kitchen and the second time, is now, he may or may not have jumped out of his window," Natasha said matter of factly.

"Jumped out his window? He is like on the, on the" Bruce said as he tried to remember which floor Peters room was, he rarely went to sleep and usually knocked out in his lab like Tony, though Tony slept more cause of Peter now,

"60th floor." Loki supplied having memorised the floors after Tony's tour.

"Thanks," Bruce said. Tony groaned loudly rubbing his hands over his face.

"Guys, our disconcern worries me. Do we really not care about Peter that much?" Clint suddenly asked as he passed Loki another waffle.

"Rude! We do care, we just-" Natasha began.

"I think we should investigate his room and the web string." Loki offered.

"I agree, brother." Thor boomed, finally joining in the conversation. They all glance at Tony,

"I think he has gone into shock," Bruce said. Tony sat there unmoving his eyes frozen in front of him staring at nothing.

"Erm, Tony? We are going to look for Peter." Natasha said waving her hand in front of his face a few times.

"Um, yes, Peter. PETER! Peter is missing, he is missing, missing. Ah, erm, um." Tony began mumbling to himself incoherently.

"We will find him Man of Metal. My brother and I can promise that, eh Loki?" Thor said happily as he grasped Tony and Lokis shoulder, Tony in no way reassured started to look even more panicked,

"Shut up, we have saved the world before, well you guys have, how hard can it be to find a 3-year-old child in New York?" Loki asked laughing nervously.

"Bruce, Loki stay back to inspect the web thing and the rest will look for him. Got it?" Natasha asked.

"Sure,"

"O-o-ok."

"Yes, ma'am."

"Fine."

Soon enough everybody was at their figurative stations,

"This is a weird substance. I'm going to have to run some tests on it. And you got your hands stuck in it for an hour, Loki?" Bruce asked as he examined and used a popsicle stick to pick up some of the substance and placed it in a container. Loki nodded firmly, and Bruce turned back to the web thing. Suddenly right before his eyes, it looked to be disappearing, like disintegrating,

"Wow, look at that." He said pushing his glasses further up his nose as he leant forward to look closer,

"I think if you were stuck for an hour and we were only downstairs thirty minutes or so it could be possible that this substance only lasts a certain amount of time. Maybe he didn't leave long before you came in to check on Peter. I'm estimating this stuff lasts about 2 to 3 or so hours? What do you think?" Bruce asked Loki. Loki shrugged before looking out and pointing.

"Huh?" Bruce asked and looked up to see Tony and Nat talking on a rooftop close to theirs.

-

"Tony you have to calm down." Natasha tried to reason with Tony, during their search Tonys mood and anger and full-on parent panic attack mode started turning on and he was practically hyperventilating.

"Calm DOWN? Nat, he was 3 years old! 3!" Tony yelled.

"Ok, that actually offended me, I'm 16 by the way." 

Muahahaha! WHO was zat? VELL VELL VELL! HAHAHAHAHA. Sorry for the wait tho, I was really unwell during most of the spring break and then had to care for my sister who is now also really unwell, I really wouldn't be surprised if my dad and then my mom got sick too... and before I forget, OMG WE ARE ALMOST HITTING 500 READS! I was so surprised that I was getting so many reads on this story and I have to thank SuperFam16 for this. So thank you!

Seeya!