I always have a reason.

Edit  - 26 / 06 / 19

Chapter four - I always have a reason. 

Staring surprised at the rest of the Avengers Thor scratched his head looking very confused before noticing bottles of booze littering the floor. He nodded once before inquiring,

"Stark party?" when he received looks of 'duh' and 'obviously' he grinned. When he noticed Peter looking up at him with a puzzled look upon his small face he remembered why he had been gone in the first place.

"My friends, it would be my pleasure to tell you but we must wait for the others there is no need to repeat ourselves." He said whisper shouting. Natasha rolled her eyes,

"Is it bad or good news?" she asked showing clear eagerness of what he had discovered.

"Ah, I'm sorry to say but the former," Thor said casting his eyes down. Natasha looked severely upset and Tony stared confused at Thor. Bad news? What could possibly be bad news? But then again if you are part of the Avengers anything can happen.

-+-

Much later everyone was up and ready to start the day. They were sitting at the Kitchen table when Thor boomed,

"I shall tell what I have found. I must say prepare yourselves it will be a mighty shock to some."
The rest nodded waiting for him to continue. 

"After the child had been brought by Fury I could tell he was hiding something, I am well aware that he always seems to be hiding something but I could see that this was about the child. Immediately after he had left I went to Asgard to find Heimdall. It seems that he had gone on another one of his trips so I had to wait for him to come back. He arrived this morning and he told me that he had known I had been waiting. He also told me what I wanted to hear. The child's parents were killed by the agents of SHIELD. They were driving indeed but the car was tampered with. The child hadn't even been in the car. He had been staying with Hill of Agent." Thor finished and looked at the team. Tony stood up and said calmly but you could tell the underlying tones of anger and venom laced into each of his words, 

"JARVIS call Fury, tell him it is urgent."

"Yes, sir," JARVIS said. Tony turned back to the team as the stared at Tony and Thor in shock. 

"Sir, I have him online. " JARVIS said. Tony turned to the kitchen table and opened up the hologram in the middle. 

"Stark, I am a busy man, what do -" Fury got out before being cut out by Tony who started yelling, 

" WHY THE 'BLEEP' WOULD YOU DO THAT YOU 'BLEEPING' 'BLEEP'? DO YOU EVEN REALIZE WHAT YOU 'BLEEPING' JUST DID? THE KID IS GOING TO GROW UP BARELY 'BLEEPING' KNOWING HIS 'BLEEPING' PARENTS? DO YOU REALIZE THAT?" 

" Ah, I see you've figured me out. Heimdall?" Fury said calmly smiling.

"Fury, that isn't the point. Why did you do that?" Steve said putting his hand on Tony's shoulder, which Tony immediately shrugged away, too angry to even notice.  

"You have to realize soldier, I always have a reason. My reason now is quite good," Fury said. 

Tony spluttered crossing his arms over his chest. "Let me finish Stark. As you probably already know, right Banner? That Peter is sick, underfed? Well, I found that out one day. I had been keeping a close monitor on the Parkers, I had an idea that they were up to no good. They wanted out. No more SHIELD. I would totally have given it to them, maybe not. They knew that I wouldn't allow them to do that so they did something unthinkable. They injected their own son with a serum, quite unlike your soldier. It caused him to develop a condition which would take him ages to heal physically. A condition of death if not treated properly. They used Peter as a trade, their freedom or he would die. Only so that they could leave. Unknowingly I had placed a bomb in their car and took Peter with me. It exploded at midnight just as they had arrived at a secret airport near the woods. I knew that the only family I could trust Peter with knowing that he would be treated with care and responsibility, not so much on Tony's part but still, was the Avengers. " Fury finished talking and looked at the team they were standing there gobsmacked staring at him like he had just sprouted wings and a horn and flew off like an Alicorn. 

"Why didn't you just tell us? You could have told us!" Clint said angrily, the first to speak.

"Well I'm sorry," Fury said sarcastically," I'm not the boss of SHIELD for nothing, still angry? Not my problem." Then he hung up. 

" I guess that that was a pretty good reason?" Natasha said trying to lighten the mood. The others didn't even spare her a glance, Tony mainly was still very upset about the whole ordeal, (maybe he's on his man-period?)

"I guess we know what happened," Steve said ruffling Peters' hair.  "Who wants Brunch?" He asked after glancing at the clock. The rest lightly grinned anticipating Steve's amazing breakfasts which including everything. From an American (is there even a classic American breakfast?) to a British breakfast. 

" You, little boy needs a change of clothing." Natasha said poking Peter in the stomach. The Avengers all let out a collective sigh of relief, the tension had been released in the room causing for a calm aura. Thor went to the kitchen to snack on some pop tarts and watch Steve cook, he did that quite often. Clint went to train downstairs in the shooting range, Bruce and Tony walked back to the labs while Natasha went to the sleeping quarters and into Peters new room to get him changed. They had done up the room the day before just before the party and it looked quite good. In the middle of the room was a white crib with blue bedsheets. His walls were a light blue and his back wall was red. He had a large closet on one wall and his own private bathroom for when he was older. On the other wall were photos and a long desk which was low so that Peter could sit at the small chair and do some 'work'. Natasha laid Peter on his bed and changed his diapers quickly. She had worked undercover as a nanny for a year and she learned a couple of tricks. Then from the large closet, she pulled out a red and blue shirt, blue sweatpants and little red socks. She changed him into that before bringing him back downstairs and sitting him on the couch in the living room and playing with him till breakfast was ready.

Hello, me again? 2 posts in 2 days OMG! Yes, it was a weird chapter but weird is ok. I think I am going to make my chapters at least 1000 words long? I'm not sure what is going to happen in the next chapter (because I am not following my plan) so no Chapter 5 (I think?) name but you will see, soon enough... I hope.

Edit - Studying, is hard. Editing is harder. Which one do I prefer? 

Editing obviously. 

Who wouldn't pick Editing over Studying. 

(Insignificant person in the crowd sticks up a hand, "I would.")

Me: Shut up, small insignificant person. No one cares. 

(Another insignificant person in the crowd sticks up a hand, "I do.")

Me: Shut up and go away. 

(The first insignificant person in the crowd "Never.")

Me: AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH. 

Log out, log out, log out, log out etc.

Ciao!