Chapter 42

It felt like my body was on fire, but something was trying to cool me down. My eyes fluttered open slightly. It took a minute for things to focus, but Namjoon's face soon came into view. Reaching up, I felt a damp towel on my head. He was holding a different one. When our eyes met, he stopped my hand and put it back at my side. After switching the cold compress out for a new one, he rung the small cloth in a bowl of water he had nearby and began dabbing my chest and neck with it gently.

"You have a fever. You were in a cold sweat when I came back," he said softly.

"What time is it? How long was I asleep?" I asked.

"It's about midnight now. You were out for six hours," he answered. "Do you think you can eat?" He asked. I nodded before I tried to sit up, but I just felt weak. Namjoon helped me before putting pillows behind my back. He left the room for a moment before coming back with a tray. He set it on the table before holding a bowl in his hands.

"I made rice porridge and some honey tea. I think the stress of everything finally got to you," he smiled softly. He picked up the spoon and blew on it gently before feeding me. I was only able to eat about half of the bowl before I had to stop.

"I'm sorry. This wasn't how I wanted to spend our first night in our new home," I apologized. He only smiled gently before picking something else off of the tray.

"Don't be sorry. I'm more worried that you're sick. I just want you to feel better. I don't want you to be uncomfortable," he said. He put something in my hand before grabbing the tea.

"Here. I had Ji Soo go pick up some medicine for you. I wanted to take you to the hospital, but I knew being out right now would only stress you out more," he explained. I set the pill in my mouth before accepting the tea and using it to wash the medicine down.

"You must be tired," I said, noticing the bags under his eyes.

"I'm okay. I just want you to get better," he dismissed it quickly. I took another sip of the tea before handing it back to him.

"What's the news about our announcement so far?" I asked curiously as he set the tea back down. He chuckled before tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"Don't worry about that. Rest for now. I'll be right here," he said. He helped me lay back down before sitting in the chair he moved by the bedside. I couldn't help but to close my eyes. I was so tired.

I was in and out of consciousness for I don't know how long, but every time I opened my eyes, Namjoon was there either asleep in the chair holding on to my hand, or taking care of me. When I finally came to properly, he was sleeping awkwardly in the chair with the top half of his body draped over the bed near my legs. His hand held mine tightly, even in his sleep. I sighed and moved the cold compress off of my head as I sat up as soon as I moved, Namjoon sat up and looked at me tiredly.

"You're awake," he said hoarsely as he let go of my hand to stretch.

"Get in the bed, Joonie," I smiled sympathetically. He nodded before crawling to the other side. As soon as he laid down, I went to find clean clothes and a towel. I took a shower, scrubbing myself clean, and washing my hair before brushing my teeth and changing into a clean set of pajamas. I went downstairs to start on lunch. I felt guilty but thankful that Namjoon stayed up to take care of me. Luckily, there were side dishes already prepared in the fridge. After I finished cooking, I set the dishes on the table with a food cover and went to check my phone. I had missed calls from almost everyone I knew. I got to work calling everyone back. The first was JungKook.

"Noona! Are you feeling better now? Hyung told us you were sick," he asked quickly.

"I'm feeling a bit better now. At least I don't have a fever anymore. What's happening in the outside world?" I asked jokingly.

"Chaos, but overall good. Of course everyone is upset about the hiatus news, but no one is blaming you. In fact, the response has been pretty positive. PD Eum said that your offers have actually doubled. The fans are taking it pretty well. The majority has been supportive. I think the world of idols is really changing," he reported.

"That's good," I sighed in relief.

"What about you guys? Are you okay? Have you been eating well?" I asked. JungKook laughed on the other end of the phone.

"Yes, mom. Although Jin's cooking isn't as good as yours, and we'll have to find a new cook when he leaves, we're just fine. But we all agreed that we should have a housewarming party for you when you're feeling better. We want to see your house, and we miss you," he said.

"Is that Le In? Laine!" I heard someone ask in the background. I couldn't help the chuckle that escaped.

"Tell everyone I said hi. I'll set up a date with Joonie to have you over when he wakes up," I promised before ending the call. I called my sister back next. I updated her, but she had apparently already been following the news closely and knew everything already. The only news I updated her about was the fact that I was sick. Next I talked to my mom, then Abby before going back upstairs to check on Namjoon. It had been a few hours already. I sat next to him on the bed and moved a strand of hair out of his face. He stirred before opening his eyes sleepily.

"If you're still tired, sleep," I said softly to him. He brought me to lay on the bed before he pulled me to his chest.

"I haven't gotten to cuddle with you in our new house yet," he muttered. I smiled lightly as my hand went to his cheek.

"I made food, if you're hungry," I informed him. He sighed and kissed me gently.

"I'm actually really hungry," he admitted.

"Then let's eat," I said, sitting up and bringing him with me.