Chapter 5

The next morning, I woke to Abby shaking me gently. I yawned and rolled over before sitting up.

"Laine, your phone has been blowing up all morning," Abby said as she handed my phone to me. "Someone named 'Oppa'?" She said. I sighed and tried to let my slow brain catch up. I didn't have anyone named that in my phone. All I could think about was Namjoon having my phone before I left last night.

"He didn't..." I muttered to myself before I called 'Oppa' back.

"Laine, did you make it home okay last night?" He asked in English. So it was Namjoon.

"Yeah. Do you remember what happened last night?" I asked curiously in English. I didn't even bother trying to pull out my Korean after just waking up.

"Your black knight just remembers drinking for you all night," he answered.

"You changed your name in my phone to 'Oppa' before throwing a fit because you wanted to take me home but you were too drunk so Yoongi took me home," I explained. Abby watched me curiously.

"Yoongi offered to take you home? What did he want?" He asked.

"Nothing, he just wanted to talk with me," I answered switching to Korean. My Korean was ten times better than Abby's so speaking in Korean would keep most of my conversation private.

"So Yoongi just wanted to talk to you? Yoongi doesn't like talking to people," he continued in English. I figured it was easier for him not to be overheard on his end if he spoke in English.

"I want to talk about why you changed your name in my phone to 'oppa'. I may be American, but I know what that means. Any thoughts on that?" I changed the subject. I heard him chuckle on the other end.

"Well I'm 24 years old. I assume you're younger, which makes me your oppa," he said smugly. I sighed but couldn't hide the smile on my face.

"I'm two years younger, so you would be right," I answered in Korean.

"Good, so don't change my name in your phone," he said. I could hear the smile in his voice. "What are you doing today?" He asked.

"Don't you have a schedule to keep or something?" I asked, amused.

"We just got back from our tour, so besides the occasional practice or song session. We're on a little break," he answered. Yoongi's words from last night popped into my head. I was having fun hanging out with Namjoon, but I didn't know anything about his world, and I didn't want to get him in trouble.

"I think you should spend some time with the guys. I can't do much with my concussion anyway," I rattled off an excuse. I heard him sigh on the other end.

"What did Yoongi say yesterday when he took you home?" He asked. It was like he saw right through me. He left me no choice.

"Oppa, he really didn't say anything worth mentioning. We just talked about me and what brought me here. Really," I half whined. I could tell that me calling him 'oppa' threw him off for a moment.

"So what are you doing today?" He asked.

"I'm just going to rest in my room," I answered.

"Okay, I'll text you later then. Get some rest," he said before we ended the call. I sighed and stared at my phone before running my fingers through my hair. I felt kind of bad for lying about my talk with Suga but it was the only way to get him to drop it.

"You have an 'oppa' now? What in the world happened when you got here?" Abby asked as she crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow at me. I sighed and looked at her.

"Alright, I'll tell you, but you cannot tell a soul about what I'm about to say to you; not even to Aaron," I warned her. She sat on my bed and looked at me expectantly.

"That was Kim Namjoon. Remember that boy group, BTS, that my sister is obsessed with?" I asked.

"Yeah, they're awesome," she smiled before she frowned quickly. "Wait, Kim Namjoon as in RM? The oppa in your phone is RapMonster? What the hell? Okay spill it," She rambled, totally interested now.

"Namjoon is the one who hit me with the door and gave me a concussion at the airport. He took me to the hospital and stayed with me until I woke up. We swapped numbers before his manager noticed and we've kind of been texting since then. I don't actually have family in Korea. Last night, I had dinner with BTS. Namjoon got really drunk being my black knight all night and changed his name in my phone without me realizing it. That's why he's 'Oppa' now... I guess," I explained quickly. Abby stared at me completely stunned. She didn't say a word for a long time.

"Oh my god... you're straight up friends with the Bangtan Boys," she breathed after a while.

"Don't even say it out loud around other people. If you want to talk about Namjoon with me just refer to him as my oppa. Don't even say their names," I warned her. She suddenly smiled widely.

"Oh my god! This is so cool! Will I get to meet them?" She asked.

"Most likely not. I'm not even supposed to be meeting with them," I said tiredly.

"Are you meeting your oppa today?" She asked smugly. I sighed and shook my head.

"Yoongi warned me that it's risky, so I'm trying to keep some distance. I told... Oppa that I'm resting here today," I answered.

"Well Aaron wanted to see us in the lounge. He texted a little while ago," Abby said.

"Then I guess we're going to the lounge, but afterwards, I really want to rest. I was out late last night," I said. She nodded as I got up to dress in simple athleisure clothing. When we were both dressed, we went to meet Aaron in the lounge. He already had his coffee as he glared into the table. We sat with him. Abby has a face like she was walking on cloud nine and Aaron noticed.

"What are you so happy about?" He asked. She smiled and shook her head.

"Oh nothing. I'm just so excited that we're here," she answered.

"Seems both of you like keeping secrets," he muttered to himself. My head shot up as I looked at him.

"What?" I asked quickly.

"Who's car was that last night, Laine? I talked to your mom and you don't have any family in Korea," Aaron asked.

"You asked my mom?" I hissed at him angrily.

"You were acting strange. Plus I saw you get into the car yesterday and family doesn't open doors for you like that. Who was in the backseat?" He asked calmly before taking a sip of his coffee.

"No one you need to worry about," I gritted my teeth. Leave it to Aaron to put his nose in my business.

"I'm worried because I don't know them," he retorted.

"Oh you know them," Abby giggled to herself.

"Abby!" I snapped at her. She quickly covered her mouth with her hand.

"So Abby knows but I don't?" He asked. He was getting more pissed off by the second. "Since when have we ever kept secrets from each other? Nice... really nice, Laine," he said before he stormed off. I sighed as I looked at my lap. My head was starting to hurt.

"Why don't you just tell him, Laine," Abby asked. I sighed and pressed my fingers into my temples.

"You know how he gets, Abby, Especially when it comes to guys being around me, and now I have seven. However he just reacted will be nothing compared to if he finds out. Even more so because they're well known," I explained. Aaron has always been weird about other guys being around me. One time, when we were freshmen, a guy asked me out and Aaron beat him to a pulp. I still had no idea why.