"I'm sorry," I responded in sorrow.

"Why are you apologizing? None of this is your fault."

He said as he placed his fingers underneath my chin, raising my head, he was able to see my facial expressions a lot more clearly...

"It is my fault, as your girlfriend, I was supposed to be there for you when going through so much pain, but I wasn't and I feel horrible!"

"I chose to go through this alone, Luna... I never wanted to drag you into my world. But my selfishness got in the way and I could no longer let you go. And that will always ruin me, so never blame yourself..."

He said with sincerity, his smile saddened me. Eli is so unfair, he carries all the responsibility and burden on himself!

"Don't give me that look, you'll get wrinkles faster that way," he giggled as he poked my forehead.

"It's your fault that I'm making this mean face! You're so unfair with the way you handle things, honestly..." I responded with a frustrated sigh

"That's just how I am, now tell me, what did Crow tell you about me and this family?"

"Wait, so you're not mad that Crow spoke to me?"

I asked sounding a bit shocked, I'm very surprised he's not upset!

"I'm not happy that Crow talked to you personally, however, it was bound for you to find out eventually. After all, you are a part of this family now."

He said with a smirk as he placed a shirt on, my heart fluttered a bit when he said I was part of his family now. It made me extremely happy knowing that he truly wants me to be in his life...

"Well, the first thing I want to know that Crow mentioned...is it true that you have powers?"

I asked with a bit of excitement as I raised the sheets towards my breasts. Elijah then began to walk towards the balcony and looked out the window, he seemed deep in thought...

"Luna, do you see these markings that are all over my body?"

He asked in a stern tone.

"Do you mean your tattoos?"

I said in confusion, why is he calling them markings?

"Tattoos? Oh, I almost forgot you humans mark your bodies for no reason. You beings call them 'tattoos'. However, we warlocks don't use that foolish word, tattoos are just simple drawings on the body that don't serve a purpose other than just tainting the skin. Besides, once you humans die your tattoos die with you. But these markings on my body, are called contracts..."

"Contracts?"

I questioned as I got a closer look at the symbols on his body.

"Each marking represents an old king who not only ruled this kingdom but once formed a contract with this demon that now lives within me."

He explained with such intensity as he looked over at me...

"Are you serious, just how old is this demon that you made a contract with?!"

"To be honest, I don't know. This demon has been in this family for many centuries already. However, it becomes harder to control every time it gets passed down, it has killed many warlocks who's tried to form a contract with it. But those who succeed in controlling its power will forever live a cursed life. My siblings also have their demons that have lived for many decades, however, none of them can ever come close to the power I hold. These contracts on my body will always remind me of who I am, a devil."